Thread: 4-spoke 2001 steering wheel mod options

Name: Jason

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

4-spoke 2001 steering wheel mod options

OK I've read I think every post/thread on changing the steering wheel from there ugly 2-post in their 02-03 to their 4-spoke one and I really need some help.
    I have a steering wheel from a 99 explorer leather wrapped with the 4-spoke design and splines in their center, but they are like 90 degrees off from my 03 wheel.
    They airbag I got is from a 99 explorer as well part # xl2a78043b13abjafs if that's even it.
    Then I have them clock spring from another 99 explorer part # f87b-14a664-cc. My question is will all this work in my 03. I know there wheel will but will they air bag and click spring. I don't want them airbag to blow up on me and I just don't know about them clockspring. Any help guys would be awesome. I tried to find them one from an 01 HD no longer available or costs is $200.

Name: Jason

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    UPDATE: All of the parts and part number listed here will work on an 03 HD. I have $10 for steering wheel, $20 for airbag, $6 for signal canceling piece from ebay, and $10 for clockspring. Now these will all fit and work but you will have a steering wheel that is 180 degrees off. Took it to the alignment shop now good as new with 4-spoke Wheel for lessale than $60.

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    You got a pic. I dont know what the 4 spoke looks like.