Hello from sunny Scotland!
It's that time of year when my 03 needs to go for its MOT (UK annual road worthiness test). Been over the truck and most of it seems ok........apart from the parking brake!
It's performance is marginal to say the least. Last year I put on new shoes in the rear drums as well as 2 new rear brake cables. I gave the system a good clean up and made sure nothing was sticking. The shoes were adjusted to the factory 0.5mm less than the drum diameter. It had its MOT and only through a "sympathetic " MOT test dude did it pass! The pedal seems to go down further than previously to get the brake to bite.
This year I thought I'll adjust the cables to make it all a bit more responsive on the parking brake - however I must be missing something as there doesn't seem to be any nuts to tighten them up. The shoes are now dragging very slightly on the drums to get better figures for the test but I would rather adjust the system properly.
Question is - do any of you superb fellas know how to get the parking brake performing well on these things?
Cheers!