Thread: Anyone still running a Diablo chip? (02/03 era)

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Anyone still running a Diablo chip? (02/03 era)

Just curious. When I tuned my truck back in 03 the handheld programmers where not out. I am still running the Diablo ECM insert chip from the era. Is there anyone out there that can still program these? Is there is any benefit for me to upgrade to the new handheld units? Can I transfer the current tune? I am not looking to change anything. Just thinking if the chip ever fails or who knows what. Thanks.

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    The benefits of a handheld tuner go beyond just a tune. Handheld tuners allow you to datalog for tuning and trouble shooting purposes. Depending on which handheld you use you might not even need to use a laptop to monitor parameters. For example, the old DiabloSport Predator allowed the user to view several parameters right off the built in screen. The Predator is old technology at this point and the SCT X-Cal handhelds are more desireable nowadays. Older X-Cal models don't have a display screen so a laptop is required but the latest version (X-Cal 4) does allow you to view data via a built in screen.

If you do upgrade to a handheld tuner a fresh tune will likely prove beneficial since the years and miles of additional wear and tear on your truck may contribute to the current tune being less than optimal for the truck.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by throttle jockey View Post
    The benefits of a handheld tuner go beyond just a tune. Handheld tuners allow you to datalog for tuning and trouble shooting purposes. Depending on which handheld you use you might not even need to use a laptop to monitor parameters. For example, the old DiabloSport Predator allowed the user to view several parameters right off the built in screen. The Predator is old technology at this point and the SCT X-Cal handhelds are more desireable nowadays. Older X-Cal models don't have a display screen so a laptop is required but the latest version (X-Cal 4) does allow you to view data via a built in screen.

If you do upgrade to a handheld tuner a fresh tune will likely prove beneficial since the years and miles of additional wear and tear on your truck may contribute to the current tune being less than optimal for the truck.
    Cool. Thanks ;-)

decipha
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    you can send the chip off and get it duplicated, or even better send the ecu with it and get the tune off the chip written to the ecu

as long as nothing changed from the time it was tuned and now you shouldn't need any changes in it

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    you can send the chip off and get it duplicated, or even better send the ecu with it and get the tune off the chip written to the ecu

as long as nothing changed from the time it was tuned and now you shouldn't need any changes in it
    Thanks. That sounds better. But sent where? To Diablo? Are they still around? Sorry I haven't keep up with the changes on this area.

decipha
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    just about any reputable tuner can do it for you no problem

otherwise go to efidynotuning.com >> services >> tuning prices & services

its the 3rd option for $100 + shipping

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts

aka not rite
    Name: Bob

Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by throttle jockey View Post