Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Spotted a few trucks on my vacation

  1. #1
    Huh?
    Name: Philip

    PhilthyPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North San Diego
    Posts
    282
    Like
    6
    Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts

    Spotted a few trucks on my vacation

    Like the title states, I have spotted a few trucks. I just last week went on vacation to Portland then to Oregon coast thru redwoods, then back. so about 2500 miles. (on wife's car) Maybe someone on here was one of em. As I didn't have the forethought to write them down here is the list that I can remember.

    shamu pulling dirt bikes northbound thru the grapevine
    shamu by truck stop in Lebec ( middle of grapevine)
    03 black with disabled plates Sacramento
    3rd gen for sale by Portland Oregon
    spotted 3rd gen in Sacramento on freeway.

    I know I spotted more just can't remember. Just figured I would share. It's funny that you dont recognize how many of a specific vehicle is around until you own one yourself.
    Last edited by PhilthyPhil; 08-25-2016 at 12:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

    SonicHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newberg, OR
    Posts
    1,917
    Like
    106
    Liked 106 Times in 77 Posts
    I'm in the Portland area. But the truck hasn't been out since May So it couldn't have been me.

  3. #3
    Huh?
    Name: Philip

    PhilthyPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North San Diego
    Posts
    282
    Like
    6
    Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    I knew you were up there but I didn't want to bother the wife with the "let's go meet this guy" routine lol. Besides I'm gonna move up there in a couple years. Just need to fine a nice area. I'm thinking West Lynn or Oregon City area. Idk tho. Need more input or research

  4. #4
    aka not rite
    Name: Bob

    B.O.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    468
    Like
    37
    Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    I'm in the Portland area. But the truck hasn't been out since May So it couldn't have been me.
    Wow ! You drive your truck less than me. I didn't think that was possible. Lol

  5. #5
    Huh?
    Name: Philip

    PhilthyPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North San Diego
    Posts
    282
    Like
    6
    Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    My truck is out everyday. And driven at least 6 days a week. I put 10k miles on it since November. It would be more bit the last month I been working 10 miles from home instead of 40.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Name: Benny

    BENNY832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    301
    Like
    13
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Same here phil I drove it from SD to Vista everyday except weekends, which then it was my DD to get around soooo......where ya working that was only 10 miles away? still in Vista?

  7. #7
    Huh?
    Name: Philip

    PhilthyPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North San Diego
    Posts
    282
    Like
    6
    Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Carlsbad. I work for Kaiser Permanente, I. Their construction Dept. And for me to get to Carlsbad, I drive up sycamore st, to Melrose, to Palomar airport Rd. 9.5 miles one-way.

  8. #8
    '03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

    5.4 F150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    555
    Like
    18
    Liked 31 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post
    Like the title states, I have spotted a few trucks. I just last week went on vacation to Portland then to Oregon coast thru redwoods, then back. so about 2500 miles. (on wife's car) Maybe someone on here was one of em. As I didn't have the forethought to write them down here is the list that I can remember.

    shamu pulling dirt bikes northbound thru the grapevine
    shamu by truck stop in Lebec ( middle of grapevine)
    03 black with disabled plates Sacramento
    3rd gen for sale by Portland Oregon
    spotted 3rd gen in Sacramento on freeway.

    I know I spotted more just can't remember. Just figured I would share. It's funny that you dont recognize how many of a specific vehicle is around until you own one yourself.
    Same here Phil. Never really noticed that many until I got mine. Now it seems like see them everywhere. The good, the bad, and the ugly by the way. Some make me sad.

    Just saw another Shamu two weeks ago (which appeared to be extremely well taken care of) getting off the freeway two exits prior to mine but haven't had the opportunity to speak to anyone yet like in a parking lot or at the fair, etc. so I could invite them to a GTG.
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016


  9. #9
    Huh?
    Name: Philip

    PhilthyPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North San Diego
    Posts
    282
    Like
    6
    Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    There is an 01 in an apt complex by my house, i see it in the morning on the days i drive by. I snuck a look at 6 am a month ago. Its got some door dings but i havent left him a note. Kinda dont know what to say.

  10. #10
    aka not rite
    Name: Bob

    B.O.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    468
    Like
    37
    Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Do what I do . Take a copy of the Harley Davidson article on here. Print it out, put it in a zip lock bag and put it under the windshield wiper.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Name: Benny

    BENNY832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    301
    Like
    13
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I miss that place. Only wished I had worked closer to where I live at the time. A few years prior I lived in Vista the first time and work at the Marine base, took me all of 15 min to get to work that was the life. I've done the same thing with a couple of HD around my area and my wife calls me a creep for going to take a peek at their trucks but I as well don't know what to say lol.

  12. #12
    Huh?
    Name: Philip

    PhilthyPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North San Diego
    Posts
    282
    Like
    6
    Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B.O.B. View Post
    Do what I do . Take a copy of the Harley Davidson article on here. Print it out, put it in a zip lock bag and put it under the windshield wiper.
    Which copy do you use Bob? Could you link it?

  13. #13
    aka not rite
    Name: Bob

    B.O.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    468
    Like
    37
    Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post
    Which copy do you use Bob? Could you link it?
    On the home page click on "about the nhtoc"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •