Thread: Front speaker placement please soudn off where your main speakers are...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Front speaker placement please soudn off where your main speakers are...

Hey again.. I am diving into my remote start & stereo install tmorrow through Saturday/Sunday before my next big trip next week. I was curious who was using kick mounted speakers (Q-Logic or Custom) & who is using the stock doors. Also what brands of speakers & component or coax?

Thanks!

Rob & Laura Weeks St. Louis MO
    --My momma always said, opinions are just like Butt-holes everyone's entitled to one, but not always entitled to show it.

400 / 500 Club!!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

I have the MB Quart QM 's 6 1/2 mids with separate tweeters installed in the doors. It retains the stock location and the tweeter next to the door handle, run by an Orion Extreme 800.4 4 channel amp, 4 JL Audio 12w6 V2's in a custom box ported through the bed run by a JL Audio 1000 watt amp. I sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!

:bo: ;sfus

Indestructible!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have 5X7 Coxials in the doors, in the Factory location. Memphis audio 5X7 Studio series. They also have componet 5X7's.

I have a Kenwood DPX5010 HU, Memphis 1100D amp, Memphis LVS 12" subwoofer. I have some more sitting at the shop to get installed. Memphis 3004 amp for the door speakers, 1/0 gauge flat wire, 2nd Optima Red top battery.

Here are some links:

Subwoofer http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/P13_LVS_Subw.htm
    Amps:It would be the MC1000D, and MC3004
    http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/P08&0...htm#MClass%20D
    Door Speakers: http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/P06&0...ss_Coaxial.htm
    Last edited by Crockett59; 02-27-2003 at 06:55 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Infinity Kappa's, Fit in the door panels perfectly and sounds great. check my gallery. I still want to see your truck Bring it!!!
    I went to earls to exchange my boost gauge.

400 / 500 Club!!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We have to get together when you come down. What was wrong with yourboost gauge?

Nicky Extreme
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got Kenwood 5x7 in the stock locations and kenwood dome tweeters in the corner of the doors. Powered by a kenwood 600w amp. Also got a JL stealth box powered by another 600w Kenwood Amp. The HU is a kenwood 910 that I love that I hooked up a PS2 and DVD player too. With an Optima Yellow Top supplying the power.
    NHTOC #9

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Boost gauge was not returning to 0 when i shut off the engine but it works good now. Serious we got to get together one of these days!!!

Smoke This
    Name:

MB Quart seperates front, but not installed yet.....waiting on headunit and other goodies....

Hey BringIt....do you have seperates in the rear as well as the front???? If so why????

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Focal 6 1/2" in the front doors, but didn't like how the tweets could be muted by being in the doors. So he put the tweeters in the a pillars, the flatter part facing the windshield. This way the tweeters kind of face each other from each side. The sound bounces off the windshield. Yeah, it seems a little strange, but WOW! It really elevates the stage. I will try to get pics this weekend.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tony, I completely forgot to email you. I am in Minn/St. Paul tonight... oops...