Thread: Cubby

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts

Cubby

I used to own a 97 lariat a few years ago. And there was a cubby by your right knee. I have noticed that the 03 's and 02's have a cubby. But not my 2000. Anyone have any ideas as to why it is not there? I liked my cubby. The bracket has a hole where it should be but the plastic cover is solid.
    Last edited by PhilthyPhil; 09-22-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Name: Benny

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Wish I knew the answer, I never use mine I forget that its even there. Wonder what is behind that plastic cover hmmmm

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Phil, panels with the cubby are all over junk yards. The cubby is far from necessary for me but I found them useful in both of my trucks to locate the toggles for my line locks and IC pumps. The toggles are easily accessible but completely out of sight.

Huh?

I was wondering why they stopped it in the middle of production then re added it. I know I could find one easy nuff. Just lazy lol

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post
    I was wondering why they stopped it in the middle of production then re added it. I know I could find one easy nuff. Just lazy lol
    Don't try to apply logic to Ford's decision making. The Lightning has several interior difference between the years. Some years had lights in the ash trays, some didn't. Some years had functional safety lights in the doors, other only had the red and clear lens. These are just two examples.

Huh?

Haha. I have the light in ashtray, in fact it's a blue LED now. I also have the lights in the doors, which are also bright *** blues LEDs. I want to add more elsewhere in the cab. Just got to figure out where a good place to add some is. I need to add a behind the grille lights just got to figure out color as well.

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    I put my brake controller in that cubby when I am towing. Easy to access and the wire tucks in there nicely when I remove the controller.