Thread: REVIEW: Carpro Essence Plus

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

REVIEW: Carpro Essence Plus

My personal experience...

I have a client that I installed CQuartz FINEST on his vehicle about a year and a half ago.
    He brought the vehicle in to me today. The CQF coating was "flat" (no beading/sheeting).
    There were swirls, minimal in some places and lots of noticeable swirls in other areas.

Marketing...
    Essence Plus is a non abrasive top coat jeweler that adds gloss and repairs fine swirls on a coated vehicle.

I told the client Essence PLUS is supposed to repair the swirls and not remove the coating.
    I let him know that I have not tried Essence PLUS yet, but I'd like to try it on his vehicle.
    He stated that I could give it a try. He left it up to me to do what I thought was best.

SIDE NOTE: This is the third vehicle I done for him. He is a very picky post inspection client.

My first time REAL WORLD use...
    After I polished a panel and the swirls were gone, I thought to myself what do I need to do now?
    Nothing!!! Once around the vehicle with the machine. Swirls gone! LSP done! (It felt like cheating)

Application:
    Rupes Bigfoot 5" Backing plate, a 5" Carpro Gloss pad & Essence PLUS (4 peas sized drops)
    No down pressure on machine & slow speed. Let the product work. Wiped it of with a BOA.
    In a few cases it took 4-5 passes to completely "fill" the swirls. I was amazed. It truly works!
    Wipe off was easy, almost like wiping off cream/butter. No dry spots that can give you grief.
    Essence PLUS filled in 95%+ of the swirls. Very few areas needed any "touch up" or recoat.

No, that's not dust...Essence Plus kicks up the gloss way up. The metallic really pops now!

The "Merlin Shot"

Another Side Note: I gave him a take home "Magic Elixir" QD. (2oz EcH2o 10:1 & then I mixed in 2oz Reload)

Epilogue:
    This is a review of a product I personally purchased and used on a repeat clients vehicle.
    Last edited by Merlin; 07-14-2017 at 12:57 PM.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Nice as always Merlin. The metallic finish really looks good!

Any idea of "why" his CQF lost its ability to beed/sheet water and had swirl marks? Did he by chance have someone else work on it after you applied it?

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 F150 View Post
    Nice as always Merlin. The metallic finish really looks good!

Any idea of "why" his CQF lost its ability to bead/sheet water and had swirl marks?
    Did he by chance have someone else work on it after you applied it?
    Thank you. It came out really crisp and glossy when completed.

My guess is customer maintenance. He stated to me he takes it to a construction site (outside) every day.
    He stated he does not wash it as regular as he should. (I'm too busy) I will say...it was dirty when I got it.
    I am also a big fan of doing a wipe down with Reload every 2-3 months as a "slick booster" and refresher.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I gave him a take home "Merlin's Elixir" QD. (2oz EcH2o 10:1 & then I mixed in 2oz Reload)
    I put 2 oz of EcH2o in a 24oz spray bottle. I add ten 2oz containers of water, then 2oz of Reload on top. Shake well.
    I've found the EcH2o makes a great Quick Detailer and by adding a little Reload it puts back slickness, pop & gloss.
    I suggested he use "Merlin's Elixir" as a QD and a drying aid after he does a wash, blow dry and final Dry-Me Crazy.
    My use of "Merlin's Elixir"...After you have done a quick wipe down wait 10 minutes if you see any haze, wipe it off.

He stated to me only he washes it with the 2 bucket method, Grit Guards and Reset.
    I will say it had fewer swirls, scuffs and scratches than the brand new one (36.5m) he brought me a few weeks ago.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Thanks Merlin.

Thought that to be the case. I had some swirls when I bought the truck and took them out the summer before last. Got busy (and lazy) so I had what I thought was a trusted source detail it a few months ago and after the second or third wash, the swirls were back.

I've learned my lesson. No one else is touching my paint besides me from now on. As soon as I have little time (hopefully over the holidays) I'll detail it again and keep your elixir in mind for maintenance thereafter.