Thread: Notice anything interesting?

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts

Notice anything interesting?

Finally found a few nice days when I was actually home to clean the cars. After a full day of fun I thought this would be a good picture to share with the folks on here. Notice anything interesting in this picture?

2017-02-07 15.18.44.jpg

I know it's hard to tell, but that's the notorious B.O.B's truck on the left.

Bob and I first starting talking when I was on the hunt for a HD a couple of years back. He was on the hunt for a local HD that he once ran into (stock, low mileage, etc.) and was always willing to hear about my search results. At that time Bob had recently acquired his HD. Although he may have been willing to sell it I didn't want to push him. After all, this was my new HD buddy and I didn't want to see him without one.

Well... We continued to chat regularly and met up at a gathering in Asheville, NC (which only he and I showed up to for some reason ) and had great day with both of our families together. This is where I first laid eyes on a 100% stock HD - Bob's truck. You can't believe how hard it is to find one of those let alone see one with your own eyes! Anyhow, fast forward a few months and over the phone Bob let me know that he had decided to part with his truck. Although I already had one, I had longed for the day to find a low mileage 100% stock truck. After a few weeks of conversations and soul searching I finally bit the bullet. Boy am I glad I did and I couldn't be happier (well, I will be happier when I sell the other truck). It's not that I was/am unhappy with my other HD. It's just that I wanted one that was stock, which I had started to do with the other one.

Bob is a great guy and a great friend. Our wives get along really well and if we lived closer I know we'd be trouble. Actually, it's amazing how many of you I've met and consider as a friend. This really is a great community and I'm glad to be a part of it. With this happy story also comes a sad realization that Bob will be off doing Jeep things. Hopefully he lurks on here and checks in on us from time to time. For me, I'm looking to find a new owner for my HD. Perhaps he will be a future member on here!
    Last edited by SLOWBRA; 02-11-2017 at 09:04 PM.

2. The Following User Liked SLOWBRA For This Useful Post:

BRIANV (02-13-2017)

aka not rite
    Name: Bob

Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    I couldn't have said it better! Thanks for all the kind words. I feel the same way. I must say it was not like I was selling the truck ,it felt more like I was passing the torch. This community is more like a family than most forums. As far as me stopping in on here, no worries I don't plan on leaving. Unless you all kick me out.lol

4. The Following User Liked B.O.B. For This Useful Post:

BRIANV (02-13-2017)

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Shawn let me in on his dirty little secret quite some time ago and I can finally publically declare my happiness that he was able to give B.O.B's former HD another good home. I can also publically declare my sadness that I am not in a position right now to take his scraps of his plate.

Congrats on the purchase Shawn and GLWS of the other.

don't touch my stapler
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    This is awesome. What is also awesome is the fact that so many familiar names are here!