Thread: Oil leaking

Name: Christopher

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Oil leaking

Just did whole build on truck trick flow heads/cams, fully upgraded Manley internals
    Got 445rwhp and I noticed that oil was leaking on to the headers I took bad to the builder he said it only happens sometimes and that the engine might be building up to much pressure n recommend that I buy a breather I bought the valve cover filter breather and still engines leaking oil has this happened to anyone else and if so what did y'all do about it?

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Builder is full of ****. Two places I would look to first:

What did you do for valve covers? Many aftermarket covers are known to leak. Stock valve covers are the best, but used stock covers are known to leak as well due to the plastic warping over time. If you can pinpoint the leak to a cover, I would purchase new OEM covers.

Another possibility may be the TrickFlow heads. They are universal as far as left and right side placement. When you purchase the heads new, they come with a bunch of plugs that need to be installed in the oil galleys on the firewall side of the heads. (front side of heads are left open for oiling timing area) It's possible a plug was left out, or not properly tightened and leaking. The leak would be at the back side of the motor if this were the case.

Name: Christopher

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I got the felpro gasket kit that summit sales and I can see the oil comeing from both firewall area of the covers when is does leak it goes on the headers and just burn off