Thread: Bolt on 4 link from RideTech?

Hybrid View

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bolt on 4 link from RideTech?

Hi guys, new member to the site but I've been reading the forums since I bought my 02 HD a couple of years ago. I've been picking up little bits of information here and there and applying it to my truck so thanks for that anyway. Here's where I'm at. I'm purchasing the Stifflers upper and lower control arms. I previously lowered the truck with Belltech springs and all of my control arm bushing instantly went to crap. So rather that replace bushings I'm installing new control arms. I know I'm going air suspension all the way around so I'm buying the control arms that are set up for the Ridetech Shockwaves. It will be a static drop with nitrogen in the bag until I get the rear 4-link and c-notch done. So that's why I'm posting. I just finished talking to the guys at Ridetech. They currently only produce a weld in type of 4-link for our trucks called an air-bar that does not use the performance oriented shockwaves but instead, a standard airbag. They used to make a bolt in air bar but no longer due. Anyway, I was told that if enough of us were interested, say 20, they might be able to bring back the bolt on 4-link and update it to work with the shockwaves. So there you go. Currently I'm looking at a whole lot of custom fab work to build my system and I'm sure that any of you who have tinkered with the idea know that it is a major expense. So what do you say, anyone else interested in a bolt in 4-link designed around the shockwave sport air shocks?

Name: Patrick

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    I have a bagged truck (91 C1500 with an Ekstensive Metworks kit).... I can't stress enough how important it is for people that think they want to go air ride REALLY REALLY do alot of planning on thinking about it first. Talk to a lot of people with daily driver vehicles on air and find out if it's really for you.

I daily drove mine for about 8 years on air, and if you want daily driver performance, it's going to cost a lot of money for the good stuff to do it right the first time.

3. The Following User Liked shanker For This Useful Post:

Sport90 (10-07-2017)

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, I get that. But realistically I would assume some shockwaves adjusted properly would give a better ride than my current Belltech drop. I'm not even looking to go lower or start notching frame ( I was going to but after examining it closer I don't think it's necessary ), My truck is set up for performance and I plan to keep it that way. It will be nice to be able to raise it up a bit to tow or adjust the rebound for different circumstances. If all else fails I can always ditch the bags and get some adjustable coilovers with air cups.