Thread: New Member in San Antonio, Texas

Name: Rafael

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

New Member in San Antonio, Texas

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say what's up. I'm a new member but not. I originally joined this group in 2004 but haven't been on in a long time. I have a 2003 Ford HD (Shamu). Love it. Bought it brand new w/ 8 miles. Now it just hit 83K. Still going strong. Live just outside of San Antonio, Texas (Spring Branch). Is this forum still active? Thinking of becoming a paid member.
    Last edited by chaparro93; 09-16-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Better title

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Glad to see you back. I have been on this site for about two years bought an 03 all black no stripe with 40,000 mile not a daily driver only a fare weather truck, honestly I am obsessed with my truck. To answer your question there is very little activity on this site. Lightning Rodder has more action because of the Lightning trucks and there are a few Harley guys there. We did get a few new members so hopefully the site will get a little more active. From my observations a lot of the people that still have these trucks are from the south, Florida, Texas etc.so I am afraid some of them may be busy with home front issues. I pray for them and wish them well!!!!

I go on several times a day and many times there will be a two or three day spell with no new posts. That being said welcome again!!!

Being a Ford person for more years than I wish to admit to I previously had an 01 supercharged Supercrew that I did and loved it, but saddlery it succumbed to Western Pa rust after about 105,000 beloved miles. I always said that if i could find another one just like it that I would by it. This truck came from the south and was stored by a Harley Davidson drag Racer/ body man/collector and was only driven 3,000 mile since 07 it was in his storage all that time driven a few times in the summer. I bought it as a daily driver but after seeing how perfect it was i bought a beater for rainy and snowy day use.

Again hope you post here often maybe we can get some new life here!!! There is a wealth of knowledge in the posts all one has to do is take the time to look!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chucksbp View Post
    Glad to see you back. I have been on this site for about two years bought an 03 all black no stripe with 40,000 mile not a daily driver only a fare weather truck, honestly I am obsessed with my truck. To answer your question there is very little activity on this site. Lightning Rodder has more action because of the Lightning trucks and there are a few Harley guys there. We did get a few new members so hopefully the site will get a little more active. From my observations a lot of the people that still have these trucks are from the south, Florida, Texas etc.so I am afraid some of them may be busy with home front issues. I pray for them and wish them well!!!!

I go on several times a day and many times there will be a two or three day spell with no new posts. That being said welcome again!!!

Being a Ford person for more years than I wish to admit to I previously had an 01 supercharged Supercrew that I did and loved it, but saddlery it succumbed to Western Pa rust after about 105,000 beloved miles. I always said that if i could find another one just like it that I would by it. This truck came from the south and was stored by a Harley Davidson drag Racer/ body man/collector and was only driven 3,000 mile since 07 it was in his storage all that time driven a few times in the summer. I bought it as a daily driver but after seeing how perfect it was i bought a beater for rainy and snowy day use.

Again hope you post here often maybe we can get some new life here!!! There is a wealth of knowledge in the posts all one has to do is take the time to look!

Awesome I appreciate it. I too am totally in love w/ my truck. My wife says I may have a problem. Look forward to getting up to speed w/ the forum. I remember when it was brand new. Cheers and have a great one.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Welcome back! Yeah, sadly this place hears more crickets than conversation, but it's still rolling along. Kinda. LOL

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks. Ha ha. Nice!! I know it has a treasure trove of information though.

6. The Following User Liked chaparro93 For This Useful Post:

chucksbp (09-21-2017)

Name: Patrick

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    a 2003 model truck with 83K on it? Mine just hit 240K!!!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

WELCOME to NHTOC!

Let's see some pics!

... ...