Thread: Upfitter Switch Locations

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Upfitter Switch Locations

Has anyone put some switches/buttons in their 00-03 HD? I am going to be installing some bed lights and want to have a switch for them in the cab. I figured the best place is the pocket to the bottom right of the steering wheel, but wanted to see if anyone else had any other ideas.

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Just an idea, but why not use the dome light circuit to operate your bed lights, no extra switch, come on with door opening or can be turned on with light switch and no chance of being left on.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chucksbp View Post
    Just an idea, but why not use the dome light circuit to operate your bed lights, no extra switch, come on with door opening or can be turned on with light switch and no chance of being left on.
    Great idea. I am thinking of some other accessories down the road, so the idea of having a centrally located switch panel was intriguing.

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    In my 00 I have an overhead console with the glasses and door clicker so I put some switch's inside with the garage clicker. So it's totally hidden. Or maybe you could put a toggle under a bed rail so when your back there, you can flip it on. But I like wiring up to the dome light.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    I have waterproof led strip lights under each of the bedrails on my truck, I ran the trigger wire to power them to the passenger compartment and tapped into a dome light wire in the wire loom that's inside the passenger door jamb area. Works great, I usually just half close one of the rear doors to the first click when I need the lights to stay on while loading or unloading stuff at night, then close the door all the way when I'm done to shut them off.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK