Thread: Tried / Trying to fix intermittent odometer issue in my 00

Hybrid View

Name: Patrick

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Tried / Trying to fix intermittent odometer issue in my 00

For a few years now I've just ignored the intermittent odometer as it's not an issue that affects drive ability.

I tore it all apart today expecting to re soldier the soldier joints as countless other threads and forums indicate the issue being. Unfortunately I don't think this is the case for my truck as the corner of the actual display has a *burnt* edge. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to go to the local U-Pull-It and spend some time pulling apart a cluster in a truck there and get just the display.

Has anyone here ever seen something like this?

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Name: Jim

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Tried / Trying to fix intermittent odometer issue in my 00

Every screen I’ve even seen has the black in the corner, I wouldn’t think that’s your issue

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trcobra506 View Post
    Every screen I’ve even seen has the black in the corner, I wouldn’t think that’s your issue
    that's good to know...

surprisingly enough...since I got it put back together, it hasn't blinked out....

Name: richard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    mine blacks out every once in a while i guess i should've checked connections etc when i tore apart the cluster because my turn signal wouldnt work when id use the tilt on my steering wheel

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elrey666 View Post
    mine blacks out every once in a while i guess i should've checked connections etc when i tore apart the cluster because my turn signal wouldnt work when id use the tilt on my steering wheel
    that's a different issue....typically from the connection at the back of the turn signal switch lever itself when the wheel is tilted downwards.....I fixed that by running a ziptie around the connection to prevent it from being pulled out when tilting the wheel down.