Thread: New to the game

Hybrid View

Name: Dennis

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

New to the game

I posted in the new member section but assumed more may post here.

I purchased an 02 HD about a month ago and really like the truck. It's nearly mint and had 70,000 miles. I was in the market for a 4 door truck anyway and made a deal I couldn't refuse. I always liked the blower trucks and thought I'd drive it and flip it in the spring or summer, but the trucks too nice and fun.

I've ordered my first round of mods and plan to keep it simple (have 2 Fox mustangs to play street and race car with).

8lb lower and belt
    CAI
    SCT BA mass air
    Plugs
    Oil separator
    Off road midpipe
    Magnaflow catback (exit in front of the rear wheel)
    2/3 drop (spindles and shackles)
    Smoked head/tailight

After I get this stuff on I will have it on the dyno to be tuned. I plan to keep it simple like that and available as a driver. After I figure out how to add pics I will and look forward to posting and will appreciate any advice.

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Unfortunately there is very little activity on this site, I am fairly new my self. I bought an 03 all black very low mileage a couple years ago. It was to be a daily driver but it was so clean being in the rust belt i did not have the heart to take it out in the bad weather so now it is the king of the garage next to my useless Torino Cobrajet. I did a few mods, 6# pulley and a tune along with EGR delete. my winter project is an Eaton Trutrak. I do have a rear sway bar JLP long bars JLP shackles and a hybrid Pan-hard bar. Don't want to hear the exhaust drone been there done that!!!! Truck sits level and rides great. Again had an 01 Supercrew lowered front and rear a lot and don't want to go there either. The truck runs great nice to drive does great burnouts what more can I ask for!!!

There is a lot more activity on the Lightning Rodder site http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/ I visit both Daley and enjoy the information. There is a treasure of information On both sites. I spent a lot of times and learned tons from both forums.

Name: Dennis

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for the advice.

I too planned to daily this and it's now sitting next to my useless 89 GT and in front of a useless 87 coupe. The 89 GT sits in front of an equally clean 89 F150 that had been lowered and has a 331 with take off Mustang stuff added from over the years.

Basically I need to thin the herd or quit falling in love with the vehicles haha!

I have friend with a 70 Torino 429 CJ. One of the coolest and most underrated muscle cars there is in my opinion.

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    I am old enough that my very first "new" car was a 69 Super cobrajet It was a fast car but back then not the fastest, I put a 427 two 4bbl crate engine (yes ford had crate engines way back then) in it and it was hard to beat. I love to look at the car and it does run quite well, but the ball and socket power steering they had back then is a pain to drive. The 68 that i now have is an automatic (C6) with 3.50 gears and factory air. DSCN0391.jpg