Thread: Missing Trailer wiring harness, can't seem to find a replacement

Name: Patrick

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Missing Trailer wiring harness, can't seem to find a replacement

I just noticed that the wiring harness that has the female end of the trailer plug that then connects to the wiring harness up in the drivers side rear frame rail is gone; more than likely vibrated off from bouncing down oil field lease roads.

I can't seem to find a direct replacement online (did Amazon & eBay searches). Is this a dealer only item?

Think I'd have better luck at the local U-Pull it? They don't have many 97-04 F150's and the ones the do have right now are all Hurricane Harvey storm surge victims (salt water).
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Name: Patrick

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    I found it....all I needed was the part that the trailer wiring plugs into, but at the U-Pull-it I found this on a 2001 Supercrew which also had the 4 pin adapter that my 2000 doesn't have, so I grabbed the wiring harness too...cost me 12 dollars out the door.

now if I could find a way to mount it that conceals it a little better I'd be in the chips!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    Good luck.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    I think I remember some guys either bending the bracket or some how straightening it out so that the flip up plug pointed down to the road and the whole thing was hidden out of site unless something was plugged into it.

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    I unbolted my bracket and connected a carabiner to it and attached it to the frame somehow. It is now tucked under nicely and moves with the trailer harness. In other words, doesn't unplug anymore.