Thread: Who makes the best remanufactured 5.4L motor?

Hybrid View

Name: Mark

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who makes the best remanufactured 5.4L motor?

I have a 2002 F150 HD truck that I purchased new. The original motor blew around 150K miles.
    I purchased a Factory Ford Remanufactured motor 2 years ago from a Ford Dealer with a 3 month/36,000 mile warranty. The motor started making a ticking noise last fall. The Ford dealer (reluctantly)is giving me my money back.
    I am looking to purchase another remanufactured motor.
    Who makes a good remanufactured 5.4L motor? All the reviews that I have read about on remanufactured motors are not good. Jasper has terrible reviews.
    Does anyone have a remanufacturer that they have used and can recommend?

Also is the HD edition 5.4L long block different than a non-supercharged long block?

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    If you want to go go built go to JDM or JLP. Promar is another regular rebuilder, but I wouldn't buy a built motor from them, unsure on regular motor reviews .

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    The non-supercharged long block in normal f150's is quite different from the supercharged 02/03 harley engine. Different compression ratio via the pistons.

Since you're in Socal, you could try going to Modular Mustang Racing (MMR) in Camarillo, CA. Or to Racers Edge Tuning (RET) in Downey, CA, or Full Throttle Kustomz (FTK) in Fillmore, CA. I had my truck tuned at FTK and can wholeheartedly recommend them, great shop.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Since the rods are weak in the stock motor, most "go built" when they need a replacement getting a fully forged rotating assembly. So you probably wont get much feedback for regular factory type engines. Looks like some good recommendations given already; whatever you do, stay away from Mannys Hardcore Performance.

Name: Jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gotta be Fox lake power products. They are about the best modular engine builders in the country!