Thread: 03 harley windows dont work please help

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

03 harley windows dont work please help

not quiet sure if this is the correct place to post this forgive me if it isn't . I have a 03 2 tone Harley all the windows the rear sliding window and sunroof and the dome lights don't work checked the fuses and relays under the hood and under the dash has anyone ran into this issue before it was all working fine a few weeks ago and whet to drive it and none of the windows work but the locks do work even tried the master switch took it out of a truck I now windows worked on still nothing . anyone had this proble before ? thanks

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    If you have a scan-tool that can read the system for body codes that would be the first place to start, if not you can start some manual tests.

There are two 30 amp fuses to check under the hood fuse 110 and fuse 601 check these first, these are not the normal blade type fuses 110 is a square fuse and 601 is a long one above the square ones. if OK the next thing is the accessory delay relay that is in the central junction box (the fuse box under the dash) there is a row of four square looking relays going down the left side, the accessory delay is the bottom most relay. I believe that relay is replaceable, if so you maybe able to switch it with another one to confirm the diagnosis. That is the pecking order to get power to those items. the relay is controlled by the GEM module, so if all those items are good then the GEM module has failed and would need to be replaced. you can jump the relay to test if you have power by connecting pin 30 and pin 87 of the relay. a jumper across those two should make things work. Pin 85 is the relay control and is triggered by the GEM module (i believe this is a ground trigger) The last pin should also have 12 volts to it that is powered by a circuit that powers the interior light relay.

Question before we go further, check to see if the visor lights work the glove box light and engine compartment light. The power source for that is the trigger positive for the relays.

I believe you may have a bad GEM module, going to do a little more investagation
    Last edited by chucksbp; 02-16-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Ok I did a little more research start by restarting the truck and then shut it down, pull the battery saver relay, second one down, You should have 12 volt power at pin 3 If so jump pin 3 to pin 5 and see if things work. Pin one should also have 12 volt power and is grounded by pin 2 by again the GEM module. Unfortunately everything points back to a Gem module failure. Power to pin 1 and pin 3 Is supplied by fuse 103 a 50 amp fuse under the hood and then fuse 14 a 15 amp fuse under the dash. Hope this helps. let me know the results and I can go from there. I have all the manuals and wiring diagrams. If you do have the voltages at those pins try swapping out the relay

4. The Following 2 Users LIked chucksbp For This Useful Post:

3653 Owner (02-16-2018), Sport90 (02-21-2018)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did you ever get it figured out?