Thread: 2012 Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Edition - A Miracle Detailing

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

2012 Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Edition - A Miracle Detailing

2012 Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Edition - A Miracle Detailing

Minor swirls Megs D300, Essence Plus, Rupes 21 w/5"backing plate. (very gentle delivered a swirl free finish)
    This is a one off build and the only stick DBS in the US. https://www.astonmartin.com/en/heritage/james-bond
    The owner is very particular about polishing the paint. The hood, front fenders and trunk are carbon fiber.
    From what I gathered Aston Martin spends and "extra 50+ hours" painting this special DBS Carbon Black Edition.
    LSP: Two coats of OBSSSSD Paint Sealant.

The End

Thanks for looking...

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    That's some pretty cool reading.

And I guess your reputation proceeds you. Now that you are getting some really special cars to make beautiful again.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post
    That's some pretty cool reading.

And I guess your reputation proceeds you. Now that you are getting some really special cars to make beautiful again.
    Thank you that is very kind.
    The interesting part for me is paint is paint. Work is work. It does not matter if it is a Yogo or a Lambo.

On this vehicle it has a irreplaceable paint job that I do not want to pay for.
    All this is due to me learning how to make my HD truck the best it can be.

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Merlin your Message box is full, so excuse me for posting here but!!!

Merlin, don't know if you remember me, I am the guy that bought The BEAUTYFULl Harley door sills from slobra that you designed and made, love them and get lots of compliments on them, Ford needed those on the original!!!!

My question to you today is concerning an old post about the two gauge pillar pod and keeping the grab handle. I need to do this i know have a single and want to add a gauge. I am confused as to what Autometer pod to use, the old text states they used the 17310 but when you look up the application it calls for a 17304 most of the pictures of the pod on line such as Amazon or E bay are a generic picture there is one place I believe JC Whitney that shows the 17304 to be sculpted more like our 03 truck with the recess in the handle area.A couple places actually state in the description of the 17310 pod that for 02 and 03 Harley applications to use the 17304 pod. My question to you is can you possibly remember what pod you actually used and also could you take a few pictures of the entire pod from different angles for me, possibly i can determine which to use. My email is mayerchak@comcast.net
    any help would be so deeply appreciated, I think you remember how anel I am about my truck, I just want it to be the best it can be and keep it as original yet updated as it can be.Thanks
    Chuck Mayerchak

PS love your detail work!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chucksbp View Post
    Merlin your Message box is full, so excuse me for posting here but!!!

Merlin, don't know if you remember me, I am the guy that bought The BEAUTYFULl Harley door sills from slobra that you designed and made, love them and get lots of compliments on them, Ford needed those on the original!!!!

My question to you today is concerning an old post about the two gauge pillar pod and keeping the grab handle. I need to do this i know have a single and want to add a gauge. I am confused as to what Autometer pod to use, the old text states they used the 17310 but when you look up the application it calls for a 17304 most of the pictures of the pod on line such as Amazon or E bay are a generic picture there is one place I believe JC Whitney that shows the 17304 to be sculpted more like our 03 truck with the recess in the handle area.

A couple places actually state in the description of the 17310 pod that for 02 and 03 Harley applications to use the 17304 pod. My question to you is can you possibly remember what pod you actually used and also could you take a few pictures of the entire pod from different angles for me, possibly i can determine which to use. My email is mayerchak@comcast.net
    any help would be so deeply appreciated, I think you remember how anel I am about my truck, I just want it to be the best it can be and keep it as original yet updated as it can be.Thanks
    Chuck Mayerchak

PS love your detail work!!!!!!!!
    Thanks...I emptied some old PM's. I should be better now.

Glad you like 'em...I still like mine! I get constant compliments.

It's been a long time I don't remember the pillar pod models...good luck with it.
    I'm sure there is lots of postings on here...making a hole to put the handle etc.
    Search is your friend. I might suggest starting a seperate thread to get input.

Thank you! It is a lot of work!