Over the past few months the 03 has started to squeak when starting and now a bit
while driving, I don't put many miles on it but it's time to get to finding and fixing it.

Pretty sure it's the accessory belt thats making the noise, might be the AC as it's
started to not cool as well since the temps are up but that too could be the belt slipping.

At 159K figured it was time for new belts anyway so picked up a set of Gatorback belts to replace the stock ones,
and figured replacing both Tensioners and all 4 idler pulleys would be a good idea
since you have to take the engine apart through the exhaust to change the accessory
belt, I'd like to meet the engineer that designed the lower supercharger cage setup

Called around to a couple of dealers, and believe it or not you get different part numbers
from them for the Tensioners, online it's a crap shoot and you have to be careful because
the tensioner for the Accessory belt is a smooth pulley and the supercharger is grooved,
some parts guys don't look hard enough and will give you one of the numbers for both.

So here's the parts list I compiled FoMoCo parts with local Dealer Prices
First $ is List, second is Local Ford, 3rd is Lakeland Ford Online 4th Rock Auto
Parts are all FoMoCo - Motorcraft parts, not selecting the Chinlee Specials but if
you did you could buy it all for around a $100.

Tensioner Supercharger (Grooved pulley) 1L3ZB209BA $78.44 $70.67 $48.59 $37.96
Tensioner Accessory (Smooth) 1L2Z6B209C $33.21 $26.36 $18.13
Pulleys (4) F65Z8678AAA $63.98 $57.64 $39.63 $30.79

Now there will be shipping from Rock Auto, and Tax from Lakeland (it's close enough I can
ride my HD over on the weekend so no delivery fee) Just saying it pays to search parts prices.

Shipping from RockAuto is $9, best deal Rock Auto so theres the breakout of PN and options
I found to do the job.

And a lovely job it is, you get to jack up the truck, remove the trans bellhousing inspection
cover, put a bolt in the trans housing to lock a 5/16 wrench up to in order to lock the Tq converter
otherwise you can't put 100 ft pounds on the wrench to loosen up the supercharger lower pulley bolt.

Why do you need to loosen it up one may ask, well some engineer decided that the supercharger
pulley needed extra support, so he put a mounting bracket on it, that you have to remove in order
to get the belt off the lower crank accessory pulley. again, where can I find this guy...

In addition you might as well pull the supercharger tensioner and idler pulley bracket since you can't
get to the accessory Idlers nor the accessory tensioner and if you could, you'd never get the belt off
the alternator pulley that's behind the bracket.

Hopefully this will fix up the squeak, and it's not a bad thing to do, so I'll tackle that on a rainy weekend

Now the $164K question, should I put a larger pulley on the crank, I'm in there, stock ones off, everyone likes
more boost, then again I don't want to grenade the engine, perhaps a 4 or 6 pound boost. I guess I'd need a
tuner as well.. Decisions decisions,

What lower pulley setup do you recommend, I was looking at Metco, they are nice but spendy, it does of course
allow you to change pulleys easy but I"m not drag racing it..