Thread: Air box, bed mat

Name: Steve

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Air box, bed mat

Just looking to add some missing pieces to the 2003 I bought. Need an air box that still has the supercharged plaque, or just the plaque off one, I have the box. Original bedmat. Also, would like the front console piece that has the 2003 anniversary plaque. I know the number won't match my truck, but at least I would have one, since mine is gone. Thanks.

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    There was a replacement plaque available from Ford at one time 3L3Z 18598 CA If you look hard enough they occasionally show up harley03.jpg

I had one of these in my truck when I purchased the truck and never cared for the orange look, I always wondered what happened to the original one. I bought a second one and re did the orange to the correct color and put my info on it with lettering my son made.

pic 2.jpg DSCN0595.jpg I actually made two and put one in the rear also.
    Last edited by chucksbp; 05-24-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks so much for the info. You and your son did a heck of a job on those plaques.

Thank-you for the compliment!! My son runs a graphics print shop. Stripping and painting the original badges did take a lot of time and effort. The orange I belive is powdercoat so removal was time consuming. One plaque is painted back-grond and one is vinyl. Those small letters and numbers are really difficult to work with, plus laying them in the small location is tough. I would love to know what happened to the original one. Someone probably took it for a trophy and it is long lost and gone instead of being cherished by a true Truck lover!!!! SOOOO SAD!!!!

By the way if you can find a plaque even just painting the orange the proper gray color and not lettering it will look nice. Unfortanatley most people don't really understand what belongs there. I guess I just love my truck too much for it not to be as perfict as it can be!!! Any vinyl shop can make a series of letters for you. I did mine on chrome vinyl. We tried white and a light gray but in my opinion chrome was the best looking. The hard part is "weeding" the letters from the sheet vinyl, slow process with a lot of set-backs because of the small size. If you do it let me know and I wll look for the spray can of paint that I used for the back-ground and give you the number, I believe it was an old GM color by Dupli-color.

I see you are from Virginia. My truck was originaly delivered to Waldorf Ford in Virginia!!! Small world!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's definitely a small world. Thanks again for the help.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Have complete original unmolested intake box from fender-boot to intake-boot and original air-filter. Was removed from truck at 27 miles and packaged up within my parts-loft.

Also have 3 OEM SC plaques for OE airboxes.

Have lots of other stuff too. Just ask for what you might be looking for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just got a nice air box a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't mind a plaque for my old box. How much for one of those? Do you have any of the center console plaques? Thanks.