Thread: Boost gauge line ?

Name: Rafael

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Boost gauge line ?

Hey all, so I'm having a bit of trouble determining which line to tap into for the boost gauge for my 02 F150 HD. I have attached a picture of which I think is the one, but with that line which I circled in red. I noticed that it has a connection that runs all the way to the bottom vacuum port under the throttle body. So I'm thinking of just adding a "T" fitting in between that line circled in red and be good to go. Cause I keep reading that it's suppose to be capped off on it's own, yet mine isn't and has a continuous connection. Mind you this truck is completely stock, and just bought it yesterday. I appreciate anyone's feedback! Thanks!

boostline.jpg

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    There should be a line that is capped off, it comes from the same port that the fuel pressure regulator gets it's vacuum on the drivers side below the supercharger. You need a source below the supercharge that way you will see both vacuum and boost.

Here is a Vacuum diagram although it is for a lightning, as i said in a Harley truck the line usually is caped off.

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...1&d=1508700694

By the way, you can poke a hole in that big rubber grommet to the right of your red circle to run the line inside.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chucksbp View Post
    There should be a line that is capped off, it comes from the same port that the fuel pressure regulator gets it's vacuum on the drivers side below the supercharger. You need a source below the supercharge that way you will see both vacuum and boost.

Here is a Vacuum diagram although it is for a lightning, as i said in a Harley truck the line usually is caped off.

By the way, you can poke a hole in that big rubber grommet to the right of your red circle to run the line inside.
    I’ve kept looking around and could not find a vacuum line capped off by itself. I also went under the dash by the gas pedal to find another source. And could find one there either.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'll have to keep searching more for said vacuum line. If for say, I can't find it, I should still be good to use the same vac line in the pic? Thanks

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Now referring to this picture I updated. I'm quite positive the boost line is the one circled in green. Although it's not capped off on it's own, it looks just like the same line I've seen everyone else reference to. And the second connection, circled in yellow I followed that line and it connects to the bottom area of the throttle body.

If I was to connect the boost gauge into the boost line circled in green. What then will I do with the connection circled in yellow? Do I cap that off? Or as I mentioned in my first post, could I "T" in between the two lines.

Thanks, I appreciate everyone's help.

boost-line.jpg

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    You would want to remove the white plastic connector and install a T can be purchased at any parts store. Take a picture of where that line is sourced from. Where does the other end go??? I have a 2003 and the vacuum line was caped off just sitting there in open space. As I said the line should go to the driver's side below all the bracket that has the egr solenoid and Dpfe sensor. Should als be a red line with it that goes directley to the fuel pressure regulator on the same side of the engine.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    You would want to remove the white plastic connector and install a T can be purchased at any parts store. Take a picture of where that line is sourced from. Where does the other end go??? I have a 2003 and the vacuum line was caped off just sitting there in open space. As I said the line should go to the driver's side below all the bracket that has the egr solenoid and Dpfe sensor. Should als be a red line with it that goes directley to the fuel pressure regulator on the same side of the engine.
    Yes, I plan to purchase some T's at the auto part store. I didn't see any vacuum lines plainly sitting in open space capped off like yours or others have mentioned. But the vac line circled in green looks exactly like the one I'm suppose to Tee into.

That vac line circled in yellow, like I mentioned it's connected to a port on the bottom area of the throttle body then connects to the vac line circled in green via the plastic connector. For that vac line circled in yellow, and where it was suppose to connect to, that I don't know. My truck feels and drives fine, but without a boost gauge I don't know what my PSI/VAC readings are. I appreciate your help.