Thread: pulling blower and changing spark plugs

Hybrid View

Name: marcus

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts

pulling blower and changing spark plugs

Got a few days spare coming in the near future

so gonna pull the blower and change the plugs at the same time and clean the cooler

read some how tos etc

what intercooler coolant do i need ?? will i need any engine coolant at all ??

ordered new coil boots and gonna order dielectric grease too .

What torque is best for the plugs ?

any other pitfalls to look out for ..

thanks in advance

Name: mark

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Take an air hose w nozzle and blow out around each plug after coil removed. Spray some penetrating oil (Kroil, Blaster, Liq Wrench) down there to start loosening up rust and watnot at the top of the threads. Let it soak overnight. Dont drown em of course, but a good spray shot down each one. Make sure you have some swivels and the "long" socket it takes to get em down in the head. When you carefully break torque, screw back in slightly, then out some, then back in....etc etc. This helps keep the threads aligned/alive and will ensure no pulled threads or stuck plug. Things seem rough...give it another shot of penetrating lube. Be careful, they are a ***** and easy to break.
    Blower pretty straight forward, just tight to work on. No engine coolant to worry about. Drain intercooler coolant. Be careful removing coolant lines at intercooler, dont get coolant in the engine, put rags and towels down to ensure. There will be oil puddle in there most likely, sop it up...consider blocking that hole/hose line off, part of CCV bull****. Degrease intercooler with something that wont eat aluminum, suggest 409 or similar, some of the harsher **** WILL eat the aluminum, cuz theyre caustic. Nows a good time to change blower oil too

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    BigMo

Quote Originally Posted by bigmo View Post
    There will be oil puddle in there most likely, sop it up...consider blocking that hole/hose line off, part of CCV bull****.
    Block which line off mate ??

cheers for the good info .

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    It's the hose that goes Into the back of the turkey pan. Look up " plug up turkey pan" or something similar. I can't give you anymore info about it. I think if you do that you will need a oil catch can as well. Don't quote me tho. I don't have a s/c to play with.
    Last edited by PhilthyPhil; 07-15-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Ill have a look ... already got a catch can installed