Thread: Windshield Questions

Ryan F
    Name: Ryan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Windshield Questions

I know there's a bunch on here about windshields but nothing totally explains my question. What makes the windshield so special that Safelite will charge $860 to replace it with the "harley" windshield but only $240 for a "regular" f-150 windshield? I know it has the HD/Ford Alliance logo in the bottom center but is that it? Is that logo really what makes this windshield $600 more than a normal windshield? And is it that imperative that I have the Harley windshield put on if I replace my current one? It has two major cracks in it so it needs to be replaced regardless.

Ryan F
    Name: Ryan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nevermind. I just noticed this morning that all of those little dots at the top and bottom of the windshield are Harley shields. That's nice but ridiculous lol.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    yeah, that's the major visible part of the difference, but I think the harley glass also has an extra layer which adds a bit more sound isolation than the normal f150 glass does.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    And the Alliance logo at the bottom center if you have an '03. Is it necessary? Absolutely not. But if your truck is a low mile original, and you want to keep it original. Then $860 it is. As time goes on, it's going to get even more expensive as they aren't manufactured anymore I believe. I had one replaced with the original about 8 years ago and it was $600.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    And the Alliance logo at the bottom center if you have an '03.
    The 2002 has that also.