Thread: Still loving my 00, just hit 250k this week

Name: Patrick

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Still loving my 00, just hit 250k this week

I bought it new with 74 miles on it and it still runs & drives as good as it did off the lot from day one.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Hell of a milestone! May she keep chugging along for years to come

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    Excellent. Mind if I ask what kind of fuels mileage you get. I noticed mine dipped within the last year. Thanks

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    I get 17 ish if it’s all highway with no significant head wind and 15.2-15.5 of mixed highway/city

When it was new i managed to get 384 miles out of a single tank.

Huh?

Damn, wish I got that. My last avg was 14.5. I have a 00 as well, no mods. Usually I drive 35 miles to work, all highway.

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    I’ve got an Air Force One CAI (they don’t make them anymore) with a aFe Pro Dry S on it, Factory Tech valve body, and I keep the oil changed with M1 5w20 every 4000 miles and Shaeffers 204sat transmission fluid every 75k

My truck still has three OE COP’s on it, I only replace them as needed.

If my odometer worked all the time I would have taken a pic at 250k but it comes and goes. (I need to fix it)

My ABS light came on and by scanning the codes I think I’ve got some cracked soldier joints in the module itself. I need to pull it off and either send it in or see if I can fix it myself.

Huh?

I can't find valve bodies for the 4r70, all I can find is the how to on modding it, by drilling the holes a bit bigger, (can't remember the mod name). Do you use conventional oil or synthetic?
    Six of my cops are oe, but I have only 119k. Waayy behind you. That's why I was wondering about your mileage.

Who's odometer really works all the time right? Mine comes and goes as it pleases as well. Lol I'm just to tired after work to care.

Mobbin around the NW

Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post
    I can't find valve bodies for the 4r70, all I can find is the how to on modding it, by drilling the holes a bit bigger, (can't remember the mod name). Do you use conventional oil or synthetic?
    Six of my cops are oe, but I have only 119k. Waayy behind you. That's why I was wondering about your mileage.

Who's odometer really works all the time right? Mine comes and goes as it pleases as well. Lol I'm just to tired after work to care.

Get in tough with Chris Garrett at A1 transmission. I'm sure he can build you one.
    (770) 965-0035

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post

The Gregg Evans / Factory Tech valve body is nothing but a modified OE unit from what I understand

Mobbin around the NW

Quote Originally Posted by shanker View Post
    The Gregg Evans / Factory Tech valve body is nothing but a modified OE unit from what I understand
    Yes, exactly

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    It was a valve body that had been reworked and a couple new springs for the accumalators. It worked well!!! Hrere is a kit that has the parts. https://globaltransmissionparts.com/...0aAh1YEALw_wcB

Huh?

Holy crap I just realized I jacked the thread, sorry man. Still awesome you got 250k.

And thanks for all the info guys, I debated on getting in touch with Chris, I see his name blasted all over Facebook.

I will keep that link in mind Chuck, thanks.