Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ayrton
    Yes… it is called the engine.;p
    That is a real classic....the engine...lol

HEMI SLAYER
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think it was motortrend that did a shoot out between the
    HD, ss truck, dodge hemi single cab short box, and the harley took it all! they said the ss was way over priced!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Motortrend left the HS out. I have the most current issue. The Hemi Dodge was more then 10G's less and equal to or beter in most cases.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by MRBLUEOVAL
    Motortrend left the HS out. I have the most current issue. The Hemi Dodge was more then 10G's less and equal to or beter in most cases.

until the tranny goes out, and the door seals go out, and the power door locks go out, and the power window motors go out.. I had a chrysler product and NEVER again.... It had over 33000 dollars in warrenty work while i had it for only two years..... yes guys two years...

2005 Ford F250 Diesel, lariat

8" Fabtech lift
    38" Toyos
    Amercian Racing 20x10 wheels
    Nfab steps

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You missed my point. I did not endorse the Dodge. I was saying that they compared it to the SS and thats the finding. There is no way to compare a Dodge vs a HD. Read my name. Do you see MRBLUEDODGE? ....negative. I don't need to experience one to make that mistake. Some, like yourself must go this route...lol...no offense just having some fun. I run and Cheby or Dog and take my chances in the HD. I love my truck!!!!

Capo Regime
    Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Ditto MrBlue.....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by MRBLUEOVAL
    You missed my point. I did not endorse the Dodge. I was saying that they compared it to the SS and thats the finding. There is no way to compare a Dodge vs a HD. Read my name. Do you see MRBLUEDODGE? ....negative. I don't need to experience one to make that mistake. Some, like yourself must go this route...lol...no offense just having some fun. I run and Cheby or Dog and take my chances in the HD. I love my truck!!!!
    no i got your point....... i just AHTE them and it has nothign to do with the HEMI-HD debate.... its the fact i owned one... and they are a pile

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that thing got a hemi?

Got in a dual with a hemi the other day. It was a race on a two lane on ramp for the freeway. Got him by two lengths in about an 1/8th mile. It was cool cause your allowed to accellerate as hard as you want on the freeway on ramp. He was pretty pi$$d off. :b2:
    ForDub
    03 HD tutone #5010
    Smoke em if ya got em.

Biker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ayrton
    Yes… it is called the engine.;p
    LMAO

Trowling
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey....for those of you that showed up on SilveradoSS.com last night, it was fun. Of course, I'm kidding.

I wish it could have been a little more civil, but I guess we all get a little out of hand, at times. I think that for the most part, we will refrain from coming to your site and wasting your time, at least bunches of us anyway, certainly, not to incite anymore flame wars.

Nobody has never said that you guys didn't have nice trucks, I don't think. We all could have bought one with what we paid, but it's this little thing called taste that differs. We all have different tastes.

The one thing that is constant across both brands is the love of trucks. That's why we spend so much doing what we do to them.

So, I invite each and every one of you to our site. We'd all love to hear about the mods you have done. Remember, your truck, or a derivitive of (Lightning), has been around for years. So the aftermarket has really provided you guys loads of goodies to add and enhance the performance. Ours has just gotten going. If you don't want to come over, that's fine too.

Just one rule - no flame war. Last night was plenty for a while. See you there.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well said BenKey,
    As some one said in an earlier discussion about some of the Lightning owners: I like and respect any vehicle that is fast. Now I certainly prefer my ford HD, but if you put a silverado SS up against what IMO is it's true Ford competitor it would be an extended cab F-150 Sport or STX. Hate to get flamed by some of the die hard blue oval fans out there (which I am one too), but I don't think one of the sport or STX f-150's could hang with an ss Silverado?

Add the supercharger to a lightning or HD and you are immediately in a separate class of vehicle IMO. Silverado SS is certainly the best looking truck to come out of the GM design shop for a long time though.
    Jim Magee
    Jonesboro, AR (arkansas)
    NHTOC #124
    2006 HD #3053

2002 DSG #803
    - born 3/8/2002
    - died 11/6/2005 RIP...
    Nature is cruel!!

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by BenKey
    Hey....for those of you that showed up on SilveradoSS.com last night, it was fun. Of course, I'm kidding.

I wish it could have been a little more civil, but I guess we all get a little out of hand, at times. I think that for the most part, we will refrain from coming to your site and wasting your time, at least bunches of us anyway, certainly, not to incite anymore flame wars.

Nobody has never said that you guys didn't have nice trucks, I don't think. We all could have bought one with what we paid, but it's this little thing called taste that differs. We all have different tastes.

The one thing that is constant across both brands is the love of trucks. That's why we spend so much doing what we do to them.

So, I invite each and every one of you to our site. We'd all love to hear about the mods you have done. Remember, your truck, or a derivitive of (Lightning), has been around for years. So the aftermarket has really provided you guys loads of goodies to add and enhance the performance. Ours has just gotten going. If you don't want to come over, that's fine too.

Just one rule - no flame war. Last night was plenty for a while. See you there.
    Classy...:drink:

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mako,

Silverado SS the best design from GM in a long while? The design came from PMI (Premark International) in Troy, OH ... they own Rubbermaid!!
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Only a supercab L could change my mind.
    What you have is way better.:k

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I ran a SS Saturday afternoon. His exhaust sounded pretty sweet. Buy when the light turned green, I was 1/2 link ahead almost immediately and the distance only grew! At the next light, I said, "I thought those were really fast?" He says, "Well I don't have a supercharger."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast