Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running 8# pulley?

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile Anyone running 8# pulley?

I have my interchangable setup from JDM on the lightning and want to swap it over with my intake and reburned chip... will i notice a nice gain with these on the HD?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I run a 8lb. I like it very much.

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Slingshot and Outnumbered both have one, too... Cobra SVT had one, but his motor is now built with a KB on top.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I too have an 8 lb lower...on a KB though.

03 Hd...Black

Mods...........Built bottom end, Ported heads, Stage 2 Crower Cams, KB s/c, Long tube headers, hight flow cats, X-pipe, magna flow mufflers, Airforce one Intake with home made airbox, Stainless intake tube, Monster box tranny, remote trany cooler with fan, elctric fan....and the list goes on....

Still Walkin....
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have pulley i think... i don't know maybe I took off and put one those special ones on. like the ones you can't see. Those ones. Oh my would my english teacher be mad at me. No I just hooked it to an e-fan. It runs more efficient and less drag on the motor.....

I mean it I am telling the truff ocifer

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am running the 8# lower from troyerperformance.com and my 03 is making a solid 13# of boost @ WOT with the stock M112. I am also running the belt tensioner to limit slippage. I will put the 2.6 upper on but first I want to put a valvebody in before I go any higher for the tranny shifts soft and I want to make it last alap once it goes I will send it to Level 10.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am looking for more info on my truck,

Stock lower pulley?
    what is everyone switching too?
    Stock upper?
    whats everyone going too?
    what is the m112? SC??

My ultimate goal is to have a fast HD F150, Arpund the 13.70 mark..or hell faster

I also have a friend who works for Dynojet. He reprograms the transmission to get rid of the soft shifting and said its good for 3 tenths in the quarter, and will break loose the rear shifting into second when hes done.

ANyone else have this done?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    do you guys drive daily with a 8lb lower pully?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i've had mine on for about 4K miles now and haven't seen any problems as of yet. I love it...especially now with the coming of cold weather. I finally made close to 15# last night with it and the stock eaton.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have an 8lb pulley on mine as a daily driver... i need to get it retuned because the guy that tuned it did not do a good job... it says my A/F's were at 12.5 but i am not seeing any detonation until ~110... you would think that running this lean would yield some more horses however i only mad 365 at the wheels (thats horrible) i am wanting to be around 400-410 so i am going to stop by torries shop sometime and get it fixed. if you have a good tune you will be perfectlly safe driving around with an 8lb lower on.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi guys, im new to the forum. i just added the 10" l pulley with the predator tune . seemed fine until i brought to a dyno. relized it was detonating. dropped a/f to 9.6 . better but still happening. advice needed. my mods are 10" L, predator,kn filter made 368hp@4450, 478tq@3450

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    your air/fuel is wayyyyy too low. How much timing are you running? Maybe try taking some timing out of it and get your air/fuel back up to around 12:1.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How does a 8lbs lower pulley differ from a 6lbs lower pulley other than the amount of boost. I.E. which is good for daily driver lower pulley, which will give me a faster quarter mile. and what is a good upper pulley combination?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    8# gives 2#'s more boost than the 6#....which roughly yeilds about 20 more hp....better for the 1/4 mile but the more boost you run, the higher chance there is of the motor going south. I personally have an 8#er on mine and have had no problems as of yet. Just make sure you have a good tune to go along with it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm confused, when you guys are talking about a 8lb pulley, are you refering to 8lbs pulley for a lightning (6lbs pulley harley) or 10lbs pulley for lightning (8lbs pulley harley)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast