Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ROLL CALL - FMSP Meet

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be there regardless if my truck is ready or not. Dave said he'd have it for me by then, so I'm still counting on it. One thing is for sure, my truck will not make a pass down the 1/4 until 2004.
    '00 Corvette FRC

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not confident??? Or just want to make sure the tune is all worked out? Or break-in time?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh, I'm confident!! But, I'm sure there will be a few bugs that need to be worked out in the tune, and probably a few other things. Also I do want to make sure that it is properly broken in before I start beating on it. And lastly, I still don't have a set of slicks to run, and I'm sure with as much power that I will be making street tires are not going to cut it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Totally agree with the "need slicks" and "too much power for street tires" comments. I am/was not trying to bust ballz on your truck........I have TONS of faith in Dave and trust him to do all the work on my L.
    00' White Lightning
    2776 of 4966
    Tuned by Dynamic Auto Works

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's all good man, I knew you weren't bustin my balls or Dave's work.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok boys and girls bout that time

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yep, yep... what's the 411 on meeting up before the gates open? Anyone located the local Hooter's for the post race festivities?
    NHTOC # 68 2002 DSG

FTVB & deep pan - awesome!
    Front and Rear Hellwig swaybars, bilstein shocks, Denso IT20, Column pod w/ Autometer ultra-lite boost gauge, K&N panel, Retrax tonneau, slotted/dimpled rotors & Hawk HPS pads, LFP e-fan, LFP heat exchanger, 170° Stant t-stat

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well guys, it's not looking good for my truck. I'm pretty sure it won't be ready for the meet this weekend. I'll be there regaurdless, taking pictures, and vids of those that do make it out. I was really hoping to have it back, if not to race, at least to show. But, things don't always work out the way you want them to. Maybe next time. See you guys on Sunday!!

FORCAST

Name:

INDIAN TRAIL, NC '00 F-150 Harley-Davidson
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looks good to me

hoping to see everyone there, I think this is going to be a good meet

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by TSDuke
    [B]Well guys, it's not looking good for my truck. I'm pretty sure it won't be ready for the meet this weekend. I'll be there regaurdless, taking pictures, and vids of those that do make it out. I was really hoping to have it back, if not to race, at least to show. But, things don't always work out the way you want them to. Maybe next time. See you guys on Sunday!!

TS,
    I'm in the same boat. However if my truck is not ready, I will not be able to attend, as that is my only way over there.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs down

Well if its not one thing its something else. I have been hearing a sound kinda like ticking coming from the passengers side or center of the car. At first I just thought it was an exhaust leak from the headers. What exactly does one sound like?

So I swap my pulley thinking its just a leak and get it tuned just right. Went to 3.4" only 1-2 lbs extra boost. Don at Modular Madness made some minor modifications to my predator tune and I ended up with a safe 442hp and 447tq. I used SFPHQ DUB system.

Well the ticking has gotten worse. At first I only heard it when the clutch was pressed in but now I can hear at idle and partial throttle. The only time I don't hear it is WOT. So I set up an appt for today and went to de-mod the car last night. All I ended up with was bent puller. I put anti-seize on the hub before putting it on and now it just wont budge. So I am ordering a new snout today and hopefully it will be here by Friday so I can take it in on Monday. Dang what a mess. I have been dying to get out to the track and really hoping Sunday would be my first time. I might still ride down there for the afternoon just to meet some people and learn a few things.

-Patrick
    2003 SVT Cobra
    - Amazon Racing CAI, Borla Stinger
    - Bassani x-pipe
    - Bassani mid-length headers
    - Predator
    - 3.4" SFPHQ

Name:

INDIAN TRAIL, NC '00 F-150 Harley-Davidson
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea Im having problems to, there is something squeaking in the Engine i think it the pully not sure.

and i have to get the bondo off the new Hood before it hardens

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It also looks like Woody can't make it because the 7th is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor. He's in the Army and has some kind of ceremony to attend. I hope the rain holds off, looks like it might stick around until early Monday. Well, theres always the next Sunday if the weather is bad. I keep checking FMSP's voice mail, they always leave cancelations on there.

God bless the troops, and those that lost their lives at Pearl Harbor.

;f

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is just what I was going to ask. Does the track stay open all year? I keep hearing all the guys up north talking about the tracks closing down for the winter. Is it extreme cold or snow? I am hoping to get it fixed next week. :drink:

;f

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The track stays open all year weather permitting. The only thing that changes is the only run on Sundays during the winter. The rest of the year they run on Thursday nights, and Sundays. Hell, most of the tracks in NC close for the winter. FMSP is one of the few that actually stays open.

Johnny, if you ever want to come down just shot me an email and I'll meet you over there. I just got the new Sony DCR-DVD200 Handycam that records directly to a mini DVD. I'll be bringing it to the track everytime I go.

mts77@earthlink.net

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast