Thread: What is the best stuff for scratches and ...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is the best stuff for scratches and ...

I have a few scratches on my truck and I want something to rid me of them and I also have some nasty remains of some bugs. I tried bug and tar remover and it got the actual bugs off but if you get close you can still where they were. What can I use to rid me of this? Thanks, Trey

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can wet sand (that is taking very fine grit sand paper and water and sanding the area)and then buff or have it buffed for you. I think a buffing at any detail shop should be 30-40 maybe less if they spot buff, but might as well get the whole truck buffed makes it look all purdy. Are you using Zaino? If not you should.

Edit~this is the only way I know to get rid of bug guts etching which is what happened. The scratches might be able to be buffed out, but if not wet sand them too.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Also for the bug guts try the Honda spray cleaner and polish. takes them right off!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Depending on how deep the scratches are, you can use different grits of rubbing compound.
    NHTOC #11
    2003 HD 2Tone #4270

We are upping our standards....so up yours!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Use the fingernail test to see if you will be able to buff them out. Run your fingernail over the scratch and if your nail catches onto the scratch, it is too deep to buff out. In this cause you will have to get that panel repainted...which is expensive depended on the size ($200-$500)