The following are the top topics EVERYONE asks about their stereo options in there Harley trucks. PLEASE DO NOT post additions/Questions below this... PM me or Crockett & we will be sure to ge them added. Leave this thread "pure" & we can discuss topics in new threads. Also, become familar with, use, know, love & worship the SEARCH feature on this forum (all sections) we created this for ease of use & to reduce repetitive posts. The search engine is your friend. Duplicate posts are your enemy ;D

{note: the original post was 13,000 characters long... so it will be several smaller posts in the thread.. LOL}

1.) what are all the abreviations?

OEM Original Equipment manufacturer ie Stock Ford part

HU = Head Unit..it may be a cd player, DVD, Screen, or OEM/Stock CD Player

DIN Acronym for the Standard radio size used throughout the world for the last 20+ years. measuring 7" wide by 1 7/8" tall.

Coaxes or coaxially mounted speakers Speakers where the tweeter is permanantly mounted in the middle of the larger woofer. Typcally the tweeter & woofer share the same magnet structure & thus are a "unit". Nice for tight spaces & cost control.

Component Speakers or Components Usually 2 or 3 speaker pairs, seperately mounted with a control unit called a crossover mounted away from the speakers. This is the proper way to achieve good sound. Note that Components are often mounted Coaxially, but they are different in that the components are all seperate speakers & are only MOUNTED coaxially.

Stealthbox Manufactured by JL Audio, this is a direct fit, custom tuned sub woofer system that is kind of the "standard" for our trucks as far as sub woofer systems go.

2.) What part(s) of my OEM system need to upgraded & in what order?

A simple speaker upgrade will blow many people's minds away with our stock equipment. The average Joe wants more volume & clarity. Second to that they want a Subwoofer for more bass.

Although many feel the OEM HU is the main bottle neck to all improvements, I have seen great results with the OEM HU, a great set of front door speakers, a good quality sub amp, a Stealthbox. From this point gains will be made with the HU upgrade, better amplification on the main speakers, & better cables & sound deadening.