Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Help, H/D Front end protection

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Need Help, H/D Front end protection

I live in a area where there's alot of unending road construction & I need some idea's for chip protection. I can't find a site that sells a front end bra for the H/D but I did find a site that sells the clear plastic protection. Has anyone had any experience with the clear plastic protection (on any vehicle) & what's your opinon of this product. Also if anyone purchased a bra for the H/D, could you let me know where you purchased it from.

Black 2003 HD (No Mods Needed) Well O.K One Mod K&N Filter
    Polo Green 93 Corvette Coupe (Modded)
    Millinum Yellow 2003 Corvette Coupe (Show)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've used the clear headlight protectors from Xpel.com before. The clear protection film does work well. Unless your very skilled, I'd consider having the film professionally installed. The headlights were nerve wracking enough, no less a huge front valance.
    NHTOC # 68 2002 DSG

FTVB & deep pan - awesome!
    Front and Rear Hellwig swaybars, bilstein shocks, Denso IT20, Column pod w/ Autometer ultra-lite boost gauge, K&N panel, Retrax tonneau, slotted/dimpled rotors & Hawk HPS pads, LFP e-fan, LFP heat exchanger, 170° Stant t-stat

HD Cruiser
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    3M Sells the paint protection film.

http://www.3m.com/us/auto_marine_aer...o_markets/ppf/
    Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

2 inch belltech rear shackles
    JBL Stealthbox
    Custom Overlays

NHTOC #37
    2003 Black HD
    Production number 2423

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Superfords at f150online got it on his 03 Sonic blue lightning a few months ago and posted pics and what he thought about it.
    if you get it put on by a dealer, its like warranted for life against cracking or peeling or yellowing or something like that. expensive, but i guess its worth it if you live in a high risk area for chips and stuff. although with black, it'll look like your hood was keyed across the front from the seam line, but thats the only downside i can think of besides the price

email me if you want info on a bra for a 00-02 HD. I know a guy in Florida that gets them custom made. Tell him Josh Verdieck sent ya and he can hook you up. No bra's yet for the 03's yet, cuz the valance is different, but he should get a truck from the dealer in a week or so to use as the test pattern. He'll let me know when they come out, and i'll post on here for all you 03 guys. The bra fits perfect, and easy on and off. Great for highway trips or long drives to protect the truck, and then just take it off and its bling bling again

here's one pic attached from when i 1st got it. it was wrinkly cuz it just came out of the box, but it fits super snug and no rubbing
    Attached Images Attached Images

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    o yeah, the bra also comes with a piece for the hood. its not on in the pic cuz i had a buggard then, but i use the hoodpiece now with the cervini's hood. i gotta get some new pics of that.

here's the mirror bra's too
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pain is Temporary...PRIDE is FOREVER!

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." - Thomas Jefferson

"The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton

-----------------------------Click Here for my gallery-----------------------------

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    that link you posted ricekicker is fine for covering the grille shell, but thats about it, and the valance being so huge and such a large area compared to the grille shell, gets like 1000 time more rock chips, so those are pretty much just a waste of money without the full valance piece. I'm suprised ford never made a jump on this and started selling bra's for the HD, they are losing out on quite a bit of money.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for all the replys. Harley#356 has made my mind up. I'm interested in the full bra & mirror protectors you showed. I hope that your buddy could get the fit correctbecause the pic you posted is great. E-mail me with the contact or post it because I ready to purchase Now. Thanks again for the quick reply's. Like I said before, this forum is great with great members.

HD Cruiser
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah I'm interested in the full bra and mirror bra's as well. If nothing else to keep the damn bugs of my ride when I'm driving down to LA and back.
    Keep us posted. Thanks.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    If you've got a 00-02 HD email me and i'll forward his info to you right away. Don't feel like retyping it up in here and all. I've sent so many people to him i just got tired and have one saved email i send to people who are trying to get ahold of him. LoL

if you have a 03, just hold tight, he's working on getting one made up for you guys. Last i heard from him he said he was waiting for the dealership to let him borrow one for a day or two to get the patterns made up.

The bra's are top quality though. Fits super snug and doesn't rub a bit, but is really easy to put on and off.

I'll post when he lets me know when the 03 Bra's are out

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Harley#356 E-mail me at enjvette@yahoo.com. I have a 2003, so when the guy in Fla. get the bra's for the 03's. E-mail me

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    will do. i just emailed him today to see if he had any other news for me. i'm gonna try to get him to become a supporting vendor here, but not sure if he'll go for it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Pellucid

You may want to check this stuff out. I haven't tried it out, but was considering it for my headlamps.

http://www.easycarts.net/ecarts/Perm...OATS.html#pel1

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, but I've made my mind up. Front end Bra & one for the mirrors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast