Thread: Charlotte area Dyno?

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Charlotte area Dyno?

Hey all, in a couple of weeks I'm going to be installing a 6# pulley (4#boost) and running the microtuner program for the additional 4#s. Supposedly I shouldn't have any problems, but was wondering if you all know a good dyno location within an hour or so of Charlotte/Monroe.

Thanks, Justin

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    David Laxton
    Dynamic Auto Works
    315-B Quincey St.
    Charlotte, NC 28203
    (704) 333-5821

He can hook you up with a dyno, and a great custom tune!
    Tell him Tucker told you to call. My truck is over there right now with no engine in it. Go check it out. If you every need any work done to your truck, he is the man to see.
    '00 Corvette FRC

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1fastscrew, hello, I am having some stuff reworked on my truck right now and I have a customer that Outnumered and I will be installing a 5lb lower, diablo, and air filter on this coming sunday in stanfield. Point being is that with my truck returning this week, Outnumbered truck also returning, and Jake getting his new mods that we all need to head for the dyno soon. We have always used David Brown Motorsports which has been very good to us and cost freindley. If you would like you can give me a call at 336-337-3345. Brad(Wildhog)

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I should have my stuff in by early next week. Brad, if you guys are planning a dyno day fairly soon let me know, I might just wait for that. Otherwise, I'll check out both locations and decide what to do once I receive all of my stuff.

Justin

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd definately be interested in a dyno day too. Since my last pull I've added a e-fan and have a 4# lower to go on (with no chip). I want to install the pulley and check a/f without a chip.
    NHTOC # 68 2002 DSG

FTVB & deep pan - awesome!
    Front and Rear Hellwig swaybars, bilstein shocks, Denso IT20, Column pod w/ Autometer ultra-lite boost gauge, K&N panel, Retrax tonneau, slotted/dimpled rotors & Hawk HPS pads, LFP e-fan, LFP heat exchanger, 170° Stant t-stat

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dan, u are a very brave man. I am at JL's place now and will be leaving out in the morning. I plan to have mine dynoed asap the first of next week. When would be a good time for you guys to go?

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Dang wildhog, somehow I missed your post until today (Monday). I just talked to Richo and the 6# ring and belt will not be in until Wed or Thurs. That said, I'll probably have to install this weekend and won't be ready for the dyno until next week.

If my stuff arrives on Wed, maybe I would be ready for a Thurs dyno if we installed everything there. I'll PM you my cell phone # in case you guys decide to go and I'm not near a computer to read about it. I might come by to meet everyone even if I'm not ready for the dyno yet.

Justin

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Justin,
    I will be making the reservation at Dave Brown Motorsports for the dyno runs. Just let me know when your ready. The rest of us can make it anytime.

Ron

SOLD

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks Ron,
    Do you know if a morning or afternoon time would be better? Or is there any day of the week/weekend that would be better? My best days would probably be Tuesday or Thursday.

BTW, just remembered that I don't have the large allen head socket to both swap the lower pulley ring size and also install the hub. Anybody got one of these and feel like helping me with doing the work at the dyno sight? Just thought I would check.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Justin,
    It would probably be scheduled on a Saturday morning. However, Friday around noon might also work. It would really depend on when everyone else would be available. In the past, we have always done it on Saturday.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Originally posted by outnumbered
    Justin,
    It would probably be scheduled on a Saturday morning. However, Friday around noon might also work. It would really depend on when everyone else would be available. In the past, we have always done it on Saturday.
    OK, wasn't sure if the location was a Mon-Fri type of business or what. Might have to do some "Xmas shopping wink, wink" next weekend for my wife and then just not happen to find what I was looking for. Strangely my truck may seem a little faster on the way home though, lol.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL, I'm pretty much game anytime as long as I have alittle heads up first.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    In speaking with Dave on Thursday, he said Saturdays will be tougher for him to schedule right now because they are doing a lot of race related weekends. If one of you guys that know him a little better want to call him and try to schedule a day, he sounds interested in having up to 6 trucks over a 2 hour block. Price for the 2 hours would be $250. So even if we had only 5 trucks, each person would only pay $50.