Thread: warranty void

BLOWN FD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

warranty void

Does anyone know if installing an oil separator or a K & N ram air kit will void my warranty? And if so will they void it right away when I bring it in for service or will they wait until somethings wrong?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your warrenty being analysed is really up to each dealership. I have a buddy in Oregon who has gets his "L" and his Mach1 worked on and warrentied with VERY extensive mods. I have not tried my dealer around here but i hope they are ok. As for a K&N I do not feel it should make a difference as far as warrenty goes. They make note of it but even then if somehting goes wrong. I still do not think it would be an issue.

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would change it back before going for warranty work!
    read some of the horror stories on here, most dealers are being instructed by Ford to find excuses to void warranties. Even a K&N drop in filter is enough of a reason!
    It is up to the dealer to decide on most claims, but major stuff has to go through corporate.
    CajunCobra's truck detonated because the bolts in the connecting rods were never torqued from the factory and they fell out, they tried to blame his chip and he was without truck and with lawyer for a looong time, his story is detailed on here in another post.
    the oil sep is a 30 second deal to change, the K&N intake should take you 15 min.
    They have tried to deny on cobras due to excess rear tire wear!
    I reprogram my microtuner back to stock and put the stock airfilter element back in before it goes back.
    While you may be able to fight them if they deny warranty by using the magnuson act, they have fleets of lawyers to stonewall you and try to delay things as long as possible, all the while you're without a truck. Figuring if they can make it take long enough, you'll just give in.
    Simple stuff like that, to me, it's just safer to change back before service.
    better safe than screwed