Thread: Who's got a 14mm hex head?

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Who's got a 14mm hex head?

I had no idea that a 14mm hex head socket for the lower pulley change would be this friggin hard to find. I called every store in town and stopped by several and never could find one. Half of the morons that answer the phones can't seem to understand that I don't need a 14mm socket, I need a 14mm allen head type of thing.

Anyhow, do any of you guys have one? If I have to, I can wait till I go back to Dave Brown Motorsport's for some more dyno action. He didn't have one today, but called on a buddy who was going to bring one over the next time he came by.

To answer the questions I know are about to pop up, yes I stopped by Dave's today, yes I put my stock truck on the Dyno (just curious), yes I asked him about doing a dyno day for several guys together (2 hours for $250, approx. 3 trucks per hour).

I somehow left the dyno sheets at my buddy's place so I don't have the exact figures in front of me, but I was a little disappointed in the numbers. Max HP was around 315, torque was around 380ish, and A/F was from about 12.3-11.8. With the Microtuner installed the HP went up to around 327, torque up to 399, and A/F slightly dropped from 12.2-11.7 I think. I wish I had the sheets in front of me for some hard numbers.

Any other questions/comments??
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Justin, I have a 14mm allen socket. I am out of town untill tues. If u still need it hit me up on tues. And lets hear these #,315 & 380 is not bad for stock.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I guess I was expecting the stock HP to be up closer to the 340 range I hear thrown around. I'll try to pick up my dyno sheets today (Friday) and post the numbers tonight.

With the info from the dyno run I was able to correct an issue I started having after installing the Microtuner a few weeks back. When I would go WOT, the truck seemed to fall on its face just before shifting from 1-2. Turns out the shift points were set too high and it was reaching the rev limit (5800) prior to shifting at WOT. So I made my first custom tuning change from the stock settings that Superchips puts in the Microtuner by dropping the shift points a couple clicks. I also decided to back the shift pressure down after hearing some concerns about hurting the tranny with too much pressure.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    OK, I posted the numbers in the Chips and Electronics Forum. Check em out.