Thread: New guy here! Intro and Question about superchargers

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question New guy here! Intro and Question about superchargers

Hello to everyone! My name is Daryl and I live in the foothills of The Sequoia National Forest in Central California. I am "forty-something" and have had a love affair with "the automobile" since I was 16 and got my driver's license! I've had too many Ford's to count, starting with an ORANGE triple hand-me-down Pinto in 1977. Man, I thought I was the bomb 'cuz I had wheels!

Anyway, a lot has changed, except for my love for Ford's. I recently bought a 2002 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4X2 with a 5.4L gas motor. I opted for the 5.4L gas because (1) I don't haul anything (diesel motor is too much), and (2) the V-10 guzzles gas faster than the human eye can keep a watch on the gas gauge! Besides, I bought it for the functionality of the 4 doors and safety/security of a big truck for my fiancee and her daughter. I'm getting 15 mpg so far and couldn't be happier with the truck!

Enough about me and on to my question, if that's ok? Here goes:

For my truck and motor, is there a supercharger kit upgrade available? I've been checking E-bay but many for sale are "for F-150's" or "any 5.4L". The uncertainty sends up the expected flags before one spends a grand... and then needs a few additional parts to make installation possible.

Any/all feedback, experience, viable leads, knowledge of, etc would be graciously received and greatly appreciated!

Thanks once again for allowing me to enter NLOC and for allowing me to take your time to introduce myself and to pose the above question!

Daryl

PS- I also own/have built a "not so stock" '59 F-100 Styleside truck that's loaded with lots of go-fast and creature-comfort parts!
    ;f

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A procharger would probably be the most cost effective without building a purpose built sc motor. Cost wise is averaging 4500 at least.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eeeek! Nevermind. Too rich for my blood!

Thanks anyways,
    Daryl