Thread: Question on 4/6 drop w/shims

It's me!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question on 4/6 drop w/shims

got a question for you shim gooroo's. I am currently dropped 2/4 on my '02 with springs in the front and shackles & hangers in the back, I never reversed the shim or anything on the back and have had no vibrations yet. My question is, i will be going to a 4/6" drop in the very near future and was wondering what do should i do shim wise on the rear. up front i will be adding 2" lower control arms and flip kit in the rear. Any of you have this setup or can offer some advice? it would be greatly helpful, thanks!!

JT

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not many have ventured into the 4/6 drop, some say it is too low but I think it looks great. You need 1 degree of shim for every inch of drop in the rear. As far as shcoks the Doeschtech seem to be good ones. I am currently debating what drop 3/5 or 4/6 to go with. With my aftermarket rims the offset in the front is going to make clearance really close with the 4/6, maybe too close.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the 4/6 drop on my 03. One thing you'll have a problem is the back 6 isn't going to be 6 because our rear springs are already de-arched so its going to be 7.25 The way to resolve that is get supercrew springs but if you dont want to go that route get helper bags. That will let you raise it and lower it. If you don't then you will have problems when hauling anything.

Dubless is the pro at this. You can email him because he's not on the site often but he knows what he is doing. He did the set-up himself!!

I would go with a front 3" drop with aftermarket rims because you will rub esp. if you have 22's. Mine barely rubs so I'm going to raise it 1" or 1/2". I love the slammed look so I'm going to raise it as less as possible. I have the doestch tech shocks and they work very well.