Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boost Bypass Parts/Instructions How-To

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    http://www.f150online.com/galleries/...-717-13212.jpg
    (that aint my pic)
    That's what I ended up doing with my 2000 Lightning.

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did both mine and Venom's in less then 5 minutes total. Go get the parts first at any auto parts store. RPM Outlet has perfect instructions and give you the exact parts needed. Do not be afraid its as easy as it seems. I got nervous cause it was going to easy. The hardest part is sneaking the airline and fittings onto each other. It wrks great. I get 12.5lbs of boost with just a 6lb lower. The thing is it only works at WOT during shifts. Thatswhen it dumps if you have not done the mod. Don't expect high boost numbers. This is a myth. It worth doing though for sure. This with an FTVB will give you a couple tenths in the 1/4 mile I bet

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by MRBLUEOVAL
    I did both mine and Venom's in less then 5 minutes total. Go get the parts first at any auto parts store. RPM Outlet has perfect instructions and give you the exact parts needed. Do not be afraid its as easy as it seems. I got nervous cause it was going to easy. The hardest part is sneaking the airline and fittings onto each other. It wrks great. I get 12.5lbs of boost with just a 6lb lower. The thing is it only works at WOT during shifts. Thatswhen it dumps if you have not done the mod. Don't expect high boost numbers. This is a myth. It worth doing though for sure. This with an FTVB will give you a couple tenths in the 1/4 mile I bet
    What is a FTVB?

Are you saying this Mod on a stock truck will not see a performance gain?
    '02 HD F-150 Dark Shadow Grey #5352

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nope, no gains
    FTVB = Factory Tech Valve Body

Got Drag Radials, Finally
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FTVB = faster shifting = faster truck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did the Boost Bypass on my 03 HD truck. Went pretty easy as long as I got those big hands out of my mind. I did see an improvement. I don't know about 3psi though? It still runs and I did it about 4K ago.
    Hey, I put a K&N flat filter on and was told this could void your warranty. I talked to the SVT people and they said only the under the hood cone could void your warranty. I was told it brings in only hot air instead of outside cooler air. Makes sense. they said it was fine to use the flat K&N and to use the kit to clean and oil the filter.
    Mac_Daddi

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    don't let the pics fool you. i did it to my wifes 02 HD and like some of the other fellas have said before me, it only really hits during WOT shifts. the pics show a Lightning being done. remember that the Lightnings come with a boost guage from Ford, the HD do not!!!! that is the reason for the different parts.

Name: James

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Reviving this because nothing conclusive came up showing details of this mod, and both links at the beginning of this page are dead, as well as the site Web Page Under Construction. From the link on the 2nd page, it redirect to another site where someone just removed the connector from the bypass valve, but throughout this thread people mention buying parts, so I'm lost.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Don't worry about it. It's a dead-end mod.

Name: James

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Fair enough
    2002 HD F150 DSG #01235

Powertrain: Unknown tune, 6lb lower running 13-15lbs, TR5IX's @ .36, BA2400 MAF, deleted precats/Magnaflow postcats, K&N filter w/ heatshield, L&S separator, rebuilt 4R100 w/ shift kit. Plans - KB2.3, BA2400, 255's, TR6IX's, new tune!
    Interior: Harley custom mats F&R, Glowshift 7 color LED boost gauge. Plans - 3M Di-NOC wrapped in graphite carbon fiber, LED conversion, sound deadener
    Exterior: Debadged, N-Dure bedcover w/ hidden snaps, Escape foglights w/ 3M film, hidden hitch w/ flipdown license plate
    Entertainment: BZ1370 deck, JL 10W3v2-D2 in rear console
    Suspension:Hellwig 7626/7621 F&R swaybars w/ Lightning Bilstein shocks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2