Thread: December meeting

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

December meeting

Everyone. First I'd like to thank all who could make it this past Saturday to the meeting. I had a good time and look forward to meeting those that couln't make it. Which brings me to my next topic. I generally like to keep my weekends free so I can be lazy and stuff. I wanted to get everyones opinion. I think the monthly meetings should be held during the week so that we don't tie up anyones weekend. This is only for the monthly meetings now. Any extra events like dyno days, mod days...whatever can be planned seperately. If we can pick a date for our monthly meetings, it will show consistency and will attract more people and look more organized...hence more possible members. With that being the case, I'm sure most people have plans on Friday nights so I would think that is out.

Another possibility is like I mentioned before about meeting with the local Lightning group. They meet on the first Thursday of the month at various locations. More info can be found here http://www.talonclub.com/forum/ . I've met several from when I had my Lightning and they are a good group, pretty well established, have dyno days, mod days etc. Our trucks are pretty close engine wise where I think we could have a good time. Plus, I know they admire our trucks just as much as I/we admire theirs. Just a thought.

I'm open to either having our own HD meetings or with TALON but I really think a M-F gathering would work out pretty good. Like I said, I'm looking for feedback so let me have it.

One last think, a December meeting one month from today will put us too close to Christmas and alot of people will prolly be outta town. Does everyone want to bump it up towards the beginning of the month or just skip the Dec. meet and pick up in January?
    George

Ex Pat. Gearhead!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The problem I see with this is that Texas is HUGE!!!! I work at sea 3 weeks on 3 weeks off but I would not be willing to say drive to Dallas for an evening meet mid week all in the dark for hours.
    This will be VERY difficult to attain, meetings,unless you just want a "Dallas" chapter per say.
    Just my opinion.

2003 2 Tone
    Front Tint
    J&J Lower Grille
    K&N Filter
    REM Oil Seperator
    Alpine IVA-C800,Alpine AiNet 12Disc Changer, Alpine AiNet DVD Navigation, Alpine "S" Series Speakers, Alpine 400W Amp.
    Custom Anniversary Emblems
    Bedrug
    Snuglid SL
    Royal Purple Slippery Stuff
    H&K P7 M8 Alarm System
    Lots of ZAINO!
    Spintech Race Mufflers/X-Pipe

Coolest Member of NHTOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with the weekday meetings for the monthly deal and the big events on the weekends (dyno, track, mod day). But I also see the problem with our great state being so big. Any night is good except Friday for me, this might end up being the North Texas chapter and maybe a south will form, Cali is like that. It sucks that everyone is so far but UK2TX is right, I doubt the Houston, Austin people are going to want to drive up for 2 hours at Bone Daddys. But anyway I like the monthly meeting idea being during the week. Fuzion is it going to be okay for you to come out on a school night??? J/K ;Y

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, not necessarily a "Dallas Chapter". Just something that shows that we're organized as well as convenient for as many people as possible. Remember this does not take the place of extra cirricular activities.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Any day is ok with me, weekdays we will have rush hour traffic to deal with an it may stop people from outside the area who want to attend because the time involved in road trippin to the D/FW area.
    I work in the middle of Dallas so just LMK when and where!:bo:

Ex Pat. Gearhead!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did'nt mean a Dallas Chapter like that, just a way of putting the distance issue. I am sure you know what I mean. I am will try and come along when I can but as I said, it is a long way for a meet on an evening.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The first idea that was brought up, was the North Texas Harley Truck Club, which means, North Texas.

A full statewide chapter would be kick ***, but the meetings would be very hard! Texas is huge, its GIGANTIC we have people in El Paso, thats probably the farthest away and i wouldn't drive from El Paso for a 2 hour GTG. Maybe two/three times a year we could meet in a central location and have ALL Harley trucks of Texas show up.

My idea on the December meet, skip it! I was thinking January we work on a central one, maybe a lil south?

Elliot, i can come out on school nights, as long as i'm home by 9:30PM (or 11 pm (curfew))

Weekdays is a lil different, i don't know if i can cuz i can't tell my work schedule or school. So, we have to "play it by ear" But, opinions are welcome.

Any ideas or questions, can IMed to me at my new AIM SN - conFUZION340 or even the old one, FUZION340

Coolest Member of NHTOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll attend either way, but I like weekdays better, I am often out of town on weekends. If I'm in town, I'll be there. I just bought the autometer gauges that were for sale in the parts forum, I was looking forward to showing them off to you guys at the December GTG.

;f ;f ;f ;f ;f ;f ;f

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Another thought....
    Like George suggested, meet with the Lightning guys every other month, then every other month do a HD GTG, L guys welcome of coarse! and those who chose to so could attend all the L meetings too, at least till we build membership, we have to get the word out offline too, I saw 4 HDs on the trip home saturday nite and they wernt you guys!
    Maybe an All Texas deal in the spring or late summer in the Austin/ San Antonio area (New Braunful is a cool place) If you guys want I can ask our Service Mngr or GM about useing the shop sometime, we have done a few S-2000 things in the past, they were mostly wine and cheese partys but a few of these guys know their cars! And more than half of the members were chicks.
    Ill have to check though, I know we have new Insurance restrictions now.
    There are thousands of HD trucks in our area, we have to get the word out, to 00-01 owners especially!