Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swirls

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry Swirls

I looked at my truck the other day and I had no idea that there were that many swirl marks in my paint. I did buy the pinnacle set with a clay bar kit and I was wondering, Is there a point where you can't get all the swirls or is it always irreversiable depending on how much wax you put on it? Question number 2 is with the pinnacle set can you apply it like Zaino over and over to make it look better? Thanks guys

**** starter
    Name: Jon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    did the compete zaino on three vehicles now and with the total pakage 95% of the swirls came out.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Zaino works fine. Any reputable body shop supply store carries several different products (3M Anti-Swirl, Liquid Ebony, Meguiars Reglaze, etc,etc)
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Swirls

Originally posted by 02HDINMEMPHIS
    I looked at my truck the other day and I had no idea that there were that many swirl marks in my paint. I did buy the pinnacle set with a clay bar kit and I was wondering, Is there a point where you can't get all the swirls or is it always irreversiable depending on how much wax you put on it? Question number 2 is with the pinnacle set can you apply it like Zaino over and over to make it look better? Thanks guys
    Option 1 is to have your truck completely buffed out.

Option 2 is stick with Pinnacle, do the proper prep steps and maintain it with regular waxings. You can layer Pinnacle just like Zaino and each application of Pinnacle Souveran gives you more color and depth and also "fills in" most of your swirls.
    '03 H-D # 553

NHTOC # 38

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How much would it be to buff it out? Does anybody around Dallas know of a place that does this?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DON'T BUFF THESE TRUCKS OUT y dealer tried to buff out some white overspray on my new truck,got it off but left swirl marks all over, looked terrible,then tried another process to get the swirls out and dulled the finish. If anyone out their knows of a process to bring it back to factory, PLEASE let me know.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    richelou, where are you in NJ? which dealership?

anyway, just sounds like the guy doing the buffing didn't know what he was doing. they can easily do more harm than good, which is why i don't even trust myself to use one. need to find a good, well known professional detailer and pay him to fix it up

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

**** starter
    Name: Jon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the dsg trucks have little to no clearcoating on them, from what i understand. i had to get two doors repainted and the place that did the work said that my truck was the 4th or 5th dsg hd that they had painted, and they found the truck had basically no clearcoat on them, so if they had been buffed, the swirls are embedded in the paint, not the clear, so more than likely they wont come out.

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    a friend of mine rear ended someone in my '01 and messed the front up pretty good so i got a fresh coat of paint in the front and the doors and they "blended" it into the rear...the body shop buffed the whole truck but there are waxing marks and swirls everywhere...when the sun hits it its embarassing i mean they are EVERYWHERE...i have tried everything i know of to fix it and i have had it back at the body shop but they claim that its something i did to the truck after i got it back and it has been their word against mine..unfortunately it was raining for like a week after i got it from the shop and i never noticed til the first sunny day when i came outt athe store and i was like DAMNNNN...anyways i live in the middle of bumf*ck and there arent any pros around here...does ANYONE have ANY ideas that could help me out here...i tried stripping all the wax off and totally washing and rewaxing it several times but still nothing...the part they repainted looks good its just the old paint that they buffed when the cleaned the truck up...any help would be great

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    HeyUvaVY Try this link, it might help.

http://www.properautocare.com/3mperswirmar.html

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey richelou great site with lots of info thnks, how do their prices compare with other sites or stores

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't know about their prices, just use the site for information on products for getting swirls out.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I buff my truck and all my vehicles and never swirl. And I have black on two and red on my Stang. My thing is I use my random orbitol to put on the wax and hand buff it off with a cotton towel. I have removerd the worst swirls with this process. You have to know how to use it thoughcause you can burn the paint. Prep is essential. Always get the crap off first and then clay if and when necessary. You cannot lay into the buffer though. I get compliments on all my rides.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use my porter cable buffer along with my CMA pads to do my truck. It is 100% swirl free.

Used properly, something like meguiars CDMA, Swirl mark remover, or Swirl FRee polish will REMOVE swirl marks (not cover them up with fillers like zaino), and leave a perfectly smooth, prepared surface, which you can then glaze and wax properly.

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i just got some of the 3m swirl remover as per the link that rich suggested...what procedure would you recomend i take from initial wash to final wax to do the best job (please include products if you could) i am sorta new to cleaning and detailing my ride because my other one is a jeep cherokee mud/trail buggy with tube chassis, roll cage and no straight sheet metal ;)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast