Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lets Welcome airtroop01

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Cali03SnB
    Hey marsou I am thinking of having the Magnaflow pipes cut short and stuck out before the wheels like the "L"
    and some near future Mods look like the * pound lower crank pulley and Long tubes
    NHTOC #4

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Airtroop welcome to NHTOC and the Nor Cal Harley Truck Club. You can join NHTOC right here on the forums link titled "membership" and you can join the Nor Cal Harley Truck Club at our regular monthly meeting the second Sat. of each month at Future Ford (in the conference room) at the Rosefille Automall in Roseville, Ca.

It's just east of Sacramento 15 or 20 miles, on I-80. The meeting is this Sat. you can probably follow Cali (Craig) over.

This club seems to be growing pretty fast at this point and good things have been happening.

I've got a couple interesting announcements for our next meeting. Please see the various other threads here under the Nor Cal forum.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome aboard airtroop01. Ditto everything above except for the meeting part. Our next meeting will not take place until January. Will be looking foward to meeting you.
    NHTOC #11
    2003 HD 2Tone #4270

We are upping our standards....so up yours!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My mistake on the meeting time.....next meeting Jan. 10th at Future Ford. I'm sorry if this has caused anybody any confusion.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    okay... sounds like a plan for Jan 10th. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it up there then. Darn! That just leaves me bumming for some Harley truck action for almost a month! I've been going through numerous part catalogs scheming my next set of mods.

and I didn't mind the brief change of topic there on the blower pulley and long tubes...
    In fact, I found it very interesting.

I am curious, however, why people are saying the 8lb pulley might not be suitable for a daily driver or a rig that will be flogged regularly. Longevity usually is determined whether you've got a good chip burned for the configuration. At least that was the situation in pushing the limits on my Cobra. Or are there some weak parts in the Lightning/Harley bottom end I'm not aware of?

Okay, might be change of topic...

thanks again for the warm welcome everyone...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the reason people are saying an 8 pound pulley isnt good for a daily is the wear and tear of the engine.
    I agree with you about the proper tune of the motor, there sholdnt be a prob running it, as long as your not getting on it every time you push down on the gas.
    The Harley's run stock 6 pounds of boost, as the "L" runs 8 becasue of the size of the upper pulley, My own opinion is anything over 12 pounds on a stock motor is a waist, whats funny is I added the JLP cold air and my boost guage went from 6 to 8 LOL, making my computer think there is more boost.
    When Jan comes around i will be posting a meeting point of all of us bay area HD's to cruise up to the meeting, Hopefully Santa was good this year and there will be more to share on the truck for the meeting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2