Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what the heck??

**** starter
    Name: Jon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what the heck??

got my predator in today - loaded the pulley program, detonation. added fuel, retarded timing the full 10% on both, still had detonation. i really dont know what to do. ive got a 2# lower, 2.93 upper, phenolic space, airbox mod, ported TB, and exhaust. Ive got NGK TR6s that havent been installed - i guess ill install those (probably should anyway), and retry the program.

anyone have any ideas???

garage: a big block, a diesel, and a german.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jon, You might want to try the regular program. The mods you have say the pulley program is good though. Try it and see how that one runs. When you do this don't jump right into it. Play a bit and see where your at. I'm surprised that your having that problem immediately. Could be the ported TB altering things a bit. When is the pinging occuring. Is it around a shift, WOT ....when

**** starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the pinging is at the top end of the rpm range - after loading the program i basically wound out 2nd gear and after 4000 i couldnt let the truck go anymore - the sound was so loud i could hear it over my blower and exhaust. i tried the performance tune, adding fuel etc and the pinging started at tip in. i really am at a loss. after everyone said such good things i am starting to believe i got a bad programmer.

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't let it go that far on the pinging... as soon as you hear a ping, get out of it asap...

**** starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i do get out of it asap - it just comes on strong at the top end. it also sucks because it seemed to me that the truck ran worse after loading the program. this on top of the fact that mark doesnt return my calls is really pi$$ing me off. i could have spent the money on a ftvb and tranny pan and had money left over. this sucks.

**** starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this really sucks - - i tried about 40 different combos with fuel and timing and nothing works. my truck detonates regardless of what the settings are. has anyone else gotten a predator from LFP? this is just really frustrating.

**** starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    issue resolved - finding another option besides the tuner.

DEMODDING THE HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Predator

Easy before you dump the Predator, just because it`s a 12-14 lbs tune doesn`t mean that it`s right for everyone. Most of the Diablo (Tuners)(Venders) that are selling them are including a custom tune from the get-go. I also install the base pulley tune and it pinged like a bea-itch in 3rd and the top of all others. The Predator WILL be the way to go, you just need to find a KICK=AZZ tuner that will build you a custom program. It`s not hard to set-up the software or download what the tuner will need to build you what you need/ via e-mail. I went with James at RWTD, but there are several out there. He just told me what I wanted to hear and responded very fast to answer all my ????`s So before you ditch the future call James or somebody that does custom tunes and ask the hell out of the ???`s you want answered. Good Luck!!!
    03 HD BLACK #8820 13.02@105 (On GTII`S)
    Performance by LFP
    Tuned by RWTD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 4CFED
    issue resolved - finding another option besides the tuner.
    what is your other option?
    2001 SuperCharged Harley
    2003 SuperCharged Harley

**** starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ive got a chip left over, getting a custom tune

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry to hear. Why don't you try a custom tune first and see how it does before you ditch it?

**** starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for the same amount of money i got the predator for i can get a custom tune on a chip i had already, and also get a valve body and deep tranny pan, which i desperately need!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    4CFED and Everyone, you will need a custom tune specific for your vehicle, PERIOD!

Unfortunately I don't believe many of you haven't been educated properly on where to buy a Predator, nor how to get service after the sale. There have been so many of these rouge vendors out there just selling the product "as-is", and for these super low prices, because they are unable to offer anything else with the tool. They aren't ChipMaster-Revolution dealers, so therefore they can't make you a custom tune specific for your vehicle like I can, and other CMR dealers.

I do not just "sell" the Predator as-is. When you buy a Predator from me, I provide FREE custom tuning to you. If you didn't buy the Predator from me, then I will take you on as my customer for a small fee, and give you the support that I give to those who do purchase from me.

Don't give up on the abilities of the Predator just yet. Get yourself a custom tune and be totally satisfied and happy! In the future, before making a purchase on tuning equipment, remember some of the things I've said, and everything you've experienced.

Very Sincerely...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RWTD
    Do you have a release date for the NA F-150's?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 1jt
    RWTD
    Do you have a release date for the NA F-150's?
    JT, I talked with DiabloSport today concerning this, and there isn't firm release date, but they are still being developed on. I promise to update everyone to any new information that I do receive, when i receive it.

Very Sincerely...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast