Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jl Audio Stealth Box 101 Read Before You Buy!!!

Name: M

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks!

Name: Dale

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Bringing this up from the dead. I want to change my sub from the MMATS 12 I have now. The JL Audio sub has bad ribbing. So, I was thinking Alpine type R. Any update on subs you guys are running with a steathbox?

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    An Alpine Type-R should work fine. I wanted the largest sub I could find, that would work with the minimal air space that the sealed stealthbox provides. I went with a 12" Alpine Type-X. I havent installed it yet, but I dont see why it should be an issue. I might have to add some fiberglass around the mounting surface to thicken it up a bit to better hold the weight and power of the new sub, especially since its downfiring. The interior is my next project.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    An Alpine Type-R should work fine. I wanted the largest sub I could find, that would work with the minimal air space that the sealed stealthbox provides. I went with a 12" Alpine Type-X. I havent installed it yet, but I dont see why it should be an issue. I might have to add some fiberglass around the mounting surface to thicken it up a bit to better hold the weight and power of the new sub, especially since its downfiring. The interior is my next project.

I was looking at the type x also. For the price I will probably end up with the R. My last car had two Kicker 15's, so I'm missing some of the bass, lol...

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Yeah I had a Type R in my first HD. Its now in my work van still hitting after 8 years or so. Its a great sub, but the Type R left me wanting a little more, that's why I went with the Type X this time. Sum bit*h is beefy.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    As I said on FB, i have a 12w3v3 (the new version of the the same 12w3 that comes in the SB) and am tickled pink with it. It hits hard, and accurate. Kick drums are nice and crisp, while heavy bass from hip-hop will shake the mirrors, your a$$ and even the hairs on your head.

It really depends on how much you want to spend. I have often daydreamed about building a new system that would include a JL 12w6v3. This should also fit in the sb, but might also require some reinforcement to handle the extra weight (27lbs).

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    I've been running an alpine type r for a long at least 5 years. I have it powered by a jl 1000/1. Thing hits hard as hell most people think I have 2 subs. Well technically I do since the type r is dvc

Thanks for the input. Now to save $$

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2