Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: some very SAD pictures of my truck

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    and my fricking car cover. between just that and my head unit its well over 1000 bucks. plus my vent visors is another 50, my switches cost me a good 40 bucks to do, whatever my visor will cost, my window, i need a new window seal since they used a screwdriver to pry the glass until it broke and the seal is all wacked out ;c
    plus my door is scuffed up from their belt buckle or something. so paint and pinstripe for the door. probably looking at 2K easy

Insurance is a 500 dollar deductable, so much for new tires for my 85 now. i hope they will cover all my stuff. an appraiser/adjuster is coming out monday or tuesday to check it out.

my car cover now....less than 24 hours old i had to flip the cover inside out and put it on the truck cuz they are calling for rain and the cover is waterresistant so hopefully it wont get wet in my drivers window, and i duct taped up the giant hole, and covered up the blood so it doesnt look like a murder scene
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (48.4 KB, 652 views)

Name:

INDIAN TRAIL, NC '00 F-150 Harley-Davidson
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IF its a ricer and ya catch um i would completly distory there car and beat the Sh!t out of them

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    The part that really gets me is the guy must have had some big *** steel balls to do this. I've got a huge spotlight on the side of my house facing the passenger side of the truck, my neighbor has a huge azz spot light on the drivers side of the truck, so its lit up like a baseball field around here at night ;t you could see them from 1/4 mile away no problem if they were caught in the act. not like the truck was parked where they had any sort of cover to hide in.

so much for living in this little quiet neighborhood. this would probably make front page of the paper

Car cover saved the rest of my stuff though. there is a cable that runs under the cover from side to side so you can lock it and nobody can steal it off the truck without cutting it off. well with it on they couldn't open the doors up and be able to reach under my seats and grab my other stuff. i could see they were trying to get it off to open the door, but then they couldn't so they just got the bucket and went through the window ;c

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

HEMI SLAYER
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    holy crap, i was just admirang your car cover on another post, man i really feel for ya, this is probly someone that you know how else would they know that you dont have a stock hu

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    thanks for all the words of support. it helps guys

i woke up at 7 this morning and its 4:30 now and i'm still just as pissed as ever. i dont think i've ever been this mad before. if they broke into my 85 or even stole the rims i dont think i would have been as mad as them cutting the cover, breaking the window, and stealing my HU and those custom switches i did.

time to go find a corner and cry

i'll keep everybody updated. hopefully my ricer pal finds out something tonight

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Originally posted by CDN 02 HD
    holy crap, i was just admirang your car cover on another post, man i really feel for ya, this is probly someone that you know how else would they know that you dont have a stock hu
    Yep, it has got to be somebody that knows me and my truck. how else woudl they know what i've got with it under a cover.

Biggest clue is i entered my truck in a car show right up in town. pretty big show. i enter it every year, took 1st this year. but anyway, everybody can see the stuff i've got, and i'm thinking somebody from that R-Typez club noticed my HU and planned on getting it.

that was in september though, and most of the guys in the R-typez show are just in their 1st or 2nd year of college. They were probably up in jersey and in swedesboro for the show, saw my stuff but had to leave again to go back to school in other states before they had a chance to steal anything. Now everyone is on christmas break and back home for a few weeks, probably figure they'd get themselves a nice christmas present ;c

for now on...NO more local shows....gotta be at least an hour away if i'll be taking my HD.

Also time for a insane alarm system. i planned on getting one next month.....looks like i'm a little late.

o yeah, so much for the stupid pitbull that sleeps right in my kitchen. worthless stupid animal ;c

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh I'm so sorry to here the bad news. The cops over here are just as bad had a car taken and they didn't bother with prints in fact they told me to shift it or face a towing and storage fee, and it didn't have any wheels on it. Any news from your bud ? good luck in finding the S.O.B. and don't forget to post pick's of his sad sorry black and blue *** so other's can see and avoid the fu*ker ;c ;c
    Stand for something or fall for everything !

Indestructible!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh, If you find anything out give me a holla. I just hope that the insurance company takes care of you, and doesn't give you a run around. If you need any help just holla, and when you are ready I'll install everything back the way it was. Just look on the bright side, atleast when you come down for me to install everything, I'll finally give you that battery that I have been lazy about shipping to ya.

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I feel for you man ;c ;c
    Aloha and be safe
    Keith & Sherry

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh, the same thing happened back in '87 to my Porsche...the similarity to your story is I had just put a new cover on my car, too. It's almost like a car cover gets the attention of thieves, and they are drawn to get under them. In my case, they ripped the hell out of my interior, of course stole my hu and amp setup, and ripped a seat and did some other vandalous acts for good measure. From my experience, all I can tell you is to learn from the experience, and it sounds like you already have - with the great equipment you had, a killer alarm system is mandatory. For what it's worth, I truly doubt this act was directed at you personally - people who thieve for a living are an indiscriminate bunch. You know the cliche about "no honor amongst thieves" and the "guy who would steal from his own mother". Well, think about it. It really doesn't matter how great a fellow you are (and we know you are, even if you are a picture whore haha), the thief is an a$$ who doesn't give a chit about what or who. This act only reflects on the criminal, not you. Hang in there, and, one last cliche, you can replace the stuff, but no one can replace you, buddy.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Thanks guys getting dark out now...i'm getting scared ;t

Just shows you that you can't trust ANYBODY now days. i live in a good neighborhood, dont have 'beef' with anybody, my truck is in a lighted driveway that can be clearly seen from my house and my neighbors house, we both have dogs (although they proved to be useless ), and i would have never of thought that with that, plus the truck being locked and under the car cover that somebody would cut the cover, break the window, and steal the HU and vandalize stuff. but i now know.

thank goodness i decided to lock the cover. i was going to just leave it til today to put the lock on but i said what the heck get it done with now and put it on that night. if i didnt lock the cover they would have been able to open the doors and get inside and sit in there and strip everything unnoticed.

So much for getting an alarm next month, but it'll always help for the future. i hear this ricer band likes to steal rims also ;c

Dave....i'll be calling you up when i can get another HU. probably wont be for a while though. wont have a radio in the truck til i can afford an alarm. guess i'll just have to listen to the exhaust tone music ;t that wont bother me too much. lol
    maybe i'll pick up that battery before then though so my 85 wont die on me yet AGAIN!

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Unhappy Sorry to see that done to your truck

Hi Josh,

I am sorry to see that they trashed your truck. There are always thieves and those who covet, what we who work for a living, have been able to obtain.;b

I owned one of the original 78 Dodge (yes Dodge)Lil Red Express Truck. That was the fastest production vehicle (0-100) built that year.
    Some kid jacked it up in my driveway and stole all four wheels, but left it on cement blocks from his dad's back yard...and they had paint on them. The local HS kids liked Nan and I, and called the cops and turned the kid in. He had filed the lug holes to make the wheels fit on his GM car. He went to jail for that and other crimes even though his dad complained the the cops were always picking on his son. Actually his son was so stupid, that the cement blocks under my truck had paint on them that matched the other cement blocks stacked in his dads back yard!

My second vandalism was the breaking of the windows in my Bronco and stealing of the radar detector and tapes. Cops disturbed them so the pitched the stuff under other cars in the parking lot and then after ~1/2 hour returned to their parked get-away car...still in our parking lot and into the arms of the cops!;Y I still get checks for 25 or 50 cents a couple of times a year from the thieves and the court...I will be dead before I get the deductible all back.

The third and last vandalism was last year when the NLOC was running a March of Dimes raffle. I went to the local PO to pick up the entries and on a Saturday, middle of the morning, and was in the PO for 5 minutes. I came out and someone had dinged my driver door (black) with a white door, so hard that there was a 6 inch crease. Then to add insult to injury, they keyed the drivers door from the front quarter panel to the bed in three separate lines. Total cost was ~$600, which I had to pay $250 of.

I guess the moral is that there will always be thieves and people that are jealous of what other have.

Sorry for the mess...I truly can say "I feel your pain"

...Dwight...
    Old Man just having fun! 12.58@108
    NLOC President
    NHTOC Owner
    NHTOC #1

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    josh...i live the motto dont get mad get even..buy a gun and sleep in the cab..blow the f-ers away ;) whos for capital punishment for this kinda chit?

BTW LMFAO at 62Lincoln's Sig...HILARIOUS

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOW ..Sorry Josh !!! Thats the main reason I'm really weary of going in shows...The less advertising the better..Now I'm more weary !!! Go have a couple :drink: :drink:

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh sorry to hear about your truck being trashed. I had a similar experience in broad daylight outside of my office. Bastards broke the window, stole my CD's and my briefcase.

I do hope everthing is covered by insurance and you can replace the items that were stolen and repair the damage.
    NHTOC Member #20

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast