Thread: new listener

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

new listener

Ordered a loaded F250 HD 4x4 in December - heated seats for the north, wanted something all black inside and out so went Harley. Pumpkin is OK but not my favorite and and the gray/black reminds me of the old Ranger pickups (sorry guys). Don't like to share rides with the world so I'm doing a Super Duty. Went diesel because pulling the boat and enclosed hunting trailer with my V10 in the Excursion can get my mpg down as low as 7 or 8 when I get out west, 44 gal tank though. Short box on the pickup I understand has a 25 or 29 gal tank (depends on what you read) so wouldn't go far between stops with the V10. Changed the order yesterday to a long box for 2 reasons, I think in the HD model it will look better and I now get a 38 gal tank, most likely got pushed further back in the build line to maybe 8001 (oops, too late). First diesel truck, went that route because of the mpg and positive comments about the 6.0L performance, hope I like the stinky thing as much as most others do. In 3 months or so I'll have to change from truck-less to something more positive, for now I'll have no experienced opinion the trucks. Ya, I'm gonna use mine but take care of it too. Truck is cheap, moving the house back so I can get it in the driveway is going to cost bigger bucks.

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What state are you in? (and that's not state of mind):bo:

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not too far from you, Moorhead, MN - Glad the HD's don't come in is purple and gold.

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome and that's still a long drive from Mpls or anywhere except maybe Canada. You'll be please with the F250 and the diesel though they take forever to warm up. I pulled my Searay with a 250 Gaser for awhile got like 8 miles to the Gallon Trade that in on a 350 powerstoke to pull the boat. Had to keep checking the mirrors to make sure the boat was still following me...what a difference!