Thread: Moving to Texas next Fall ...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Moving to Texas next Fall ...

Hey everyone,
    i have a general question about HD's in Texas. You see i will be moving there next fall to begin college and i will need a new form of transportation(dont really want to pay to have my car sent from here in Jersey). I have always loved the HD f-150's but my parents think a 2-wheel drive truck will be useless to me. I dont think this is really true but for my own peace of mind i was wondering how practical the HD's are in Texas. Obviously i doubt you have to worry about snow, but im not sure how they handle in the rain? I would be living in Galveston, and im not sure if there is a big diffrence in weather there.

Also i wasn't sure what the hauling/towing was like with these trucks? (if i try and tow a boat are the tires just gonna spin and smoke away to nothing?)

~Thanks

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    towing, thats easy as can be!

use......i love it, rain kinda sucks if ya get on it really hard with stock tires, but after a few days u'll learn how to do it.

welcome to Texas, what college is in Galveston?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Texas A&M University at Galveston.

Its a Marine Science/Engineering school so im expecting to have to tow some small boats.

Yeah, i know what your saying about the rain, i think i will be able to learn quick, my current car doesnt handle very well in the rain.

another thing is, are there many HD's for sale in Texas? I dont think i will be able to afford one new, but most likely i can get one used, right?

Sudden Pleasure
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sandman...

Welcome to Texas, and you're going to love Galveston and the Houston Area. A lot of people go..."Houston!, you couldn't pay me to live there". Don't believe it. TAMU Galveston is a great school. Also, lot's of Harley trucks around the area. Also, if you get tired of the Houston, Austins only 2 1/2 hours away...6th street, oh ya. As for the rain, all you got to do is find a beatufiful Texas Babe to help you wash it.

Maybe Fuzion can help you in that department...;t
    2003 Black #322
    NHTOC #17
    BedRug...Oh ya!

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I might be able to help in the used HD area, but i'll let ya know when i know something

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Fuzion
    I might be able to help in the used HD area, but i'll let ya know when i know something

I think he meant in the babe department.
    George