Thread: Finally made it over here.

I'm broke
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally made it over here...Hey Ken800

Well boys, I finally made it over. I was noticed that the other board has become stagnate, so I figured I needed to make the change. Has anyone joined the club yet? I plan to but I have to wait till I get home (I'm in France right now) to get my VIN number. Unlike Josh, I don't have my VIN memorized. Just kidding Josh.

I can't wait to get back home. I have a box of goodies waiting to get installed. Two more weeks.

Hey Ken, I remember you saying that Halo did a study and found that if you cut the four cats off and replaced them with two high flows then you will get pretty much the same HPs as if you installed a cat-back. Was it you that said that? Just wondering becuase that is the route that I am thinking of going. I really like the sound of my stock muffler. Also I don't have $800 for the cat-back that you have. Or is it that much? I am thinking installing an x-pipe before the muffler also, one of those that LFP sells. It all sounds good to me. I was just wanting to bounce some ideas off of you. Does this sound like a decent plan?
    Last edited by WatchThis; 02-04-2003 at 09:44 AM.
    NHTOC #64
    '02 Harley DSG #8053
    313hp, 14.39@95 (Bone Stock)
    Lighting Upper Pulley (2.93)
    JLP Ram Air Kit
    JLP Line Valve Mod
    4x4 Trans Pan
    Gatorback Supercharger Belt
    BellTech 2" Drop Shackles
    Autometer Boost Gauge
    Autometer Column Pod
    Hellwig Rear Sway Bar
    Hidden Hitch
    J-Jent Lower Grill

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Finally made it over here...Hey Ken800

Originally posted by WatchThis
    Well boys, I finally made it over. I was noticed that the other board has become stagnate, so I figured I needed to make the change. Has anyone joined the club yet?
    Welcome to the new HD hot spot. I too had noticed the other HD boards were really slowing down. I think people were getting bored with some of the topics that just wouldn't go away, even after they had run there course of usefulness. I had been spending more time on the L forums, just to see a few fresh topics.

I'm not sure what the membership is now, but I think the vast majority of active HD owners plan to join. I have heard a few that plan to wait and see, but most are joining now to try for a low member number...

Click it ^

I'm broke
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You and I were doing the same thing. I was lurking around on the L side just to see some more interesting conversations, as well as technical stuff.

As soon as I get home I will join the club. Hopefully the numbers won't be too high in a couple of weeks.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    there's a thread in this board section on member's #'s. not sure what its up to so far, almost 10 i believe, if not further than that. not bad at all for being up 2-3 days! i'm #3

anyway...

Unlike Josh, I don't have my VIN memorized. Just kidding Josh

:p how did you know? LoL! i'm serious too, i've got it memorized. its on my owners plaque, and just from looking at it so much since its right on the dash board, i memorized my vin# :p
    comes in handy though....didn't even have to leave my computer chair to register for the club LoL!

I'm broke
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    :p ;)

Only you Josh, only you

Nicky Extreme
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One and Only Site

I got to say this is now the only site I watch. The other ones are dying out. Everyone is posting here now. Plus this is site is for us, it is not a section of someone else site. I think that is why everyone is here now, because they feel special.

BEST SITE EVER
    NHTOC #9

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    BEST SITE EVER
    you got that right!!!! haven't been to HD board at ftw today, but i went over to the HD board at online, and in a 24 hour period, only 4 new posts in the HD board were made LoL! usually it moves a full page a day, but only moved 4 threads since yesterday :p

but, NHTOC makes a nice new home for me and my truck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh I think they're in the high teens on registration numbers.

This site has become home for all those who own a Harley-Davidson F-150 who are already here and for those who haven't even learned about it yet. Watch their rexponses, as they learn about it. It kind of gives ya a feeling of "belonging".....now can we get a group hug. lol
    NHTOC #4

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Finally made it over here...Hey Ken800

Originally posted by WatchThis

Hey Ken, I remember you saying that Halo did a study and found that if you cut the four cats off and replaced them with two high flows then you will get pretty much the same HPs as if you installed a cat-back. Was it you that said that? Just wondering becuase that is the route that I am thinking of going. I really like the sound of my stock muffler. Also I don't have $800 for the cat-back that you have. Or is it that much? I am thinking installing an x-pipe before the muffler also, one of those that LFP sells. It all sounds good to me. I was just wanting to bounce some ideas off of you. Does this sound like a decent plan?
    Yeah, Andre did some testing and dynoing. Here is his link. Basically, the group that was doing the testing surmised that you are better off dollar wise just putting in high flow cats an an X pipe like the bassani and keeping the stock cat back...

The high flow cat/X is actually generating torque (and a little HP). The catback isn't worth much, if any. Purely sound. You'll get more sound with the high flow cats and X, even with the stock cat back...

I'd CONSIDER trading someone my bassani cat back for a set of bassani high flow cats and X pipe... It's about 200 bucks more than the cats/X I think... I'll try it just for the benefit of the forums... You'd need to be local, though.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/sho...ghlight=1badtk

http://www.haloclub.com/forums/viewt...t=dyno+exhaust

Might want to reignite the thread if you are interested in JUST the cats and X pipe.

Oh yeah, the bassani cat back is about $650 bucks plus install...

Ken
    Last edited by ken800; 02-05-2003 at 11:03 AM.

I'm broke
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Ken -

I emailed Bassani and asked them if I could get the two cats and an X just as pieces becuase I wanted to build my own system. This the reply:

Hi David,

We build a complete Y-pipe for the Harley Davidson truck. The same one as
    the Lighting
    P/N 54150L3. The cats are available from us or can be ordered from your
    bassani dealer, they are $110.00 each plus shipping.

The small X we use is also available, 2 1/2" for $150.00 plus shipping.
    This is for the people that want to build their own x-pipe.

Thank you,

Sheldon Dzodin
    Sales Technician

Bassani Xhaust
    2900 E.La Jolla
    Anaheim, CA 92806

Tel714)630-1821
    Fax714)630-2980
    sdzodin@bassani.com
    www.bassani.com

The 54150L3 retais from them for $825. This is not the complete L cat-back system, right? He is telling me that a Y-pipe with cats in it costs $825, right? I tried to figure it out on their website but I couldn't. Also, do you think that Bassani X has anything over the Magnaflow X that LFP sells? I wouldn't think so, but Bassani pretty much has the designs down to an art so I don't know....

What do you think?

Thanks.

David

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is my understanding that Bassani sells it as a set of pipe along with the high flow cats already attached. It is supposed to just go right in, but I'm sure you would have to do a little more than just bolt it up. It is listed on LFP for $489 I think.

That may or may not include the X... beter check with him... If it doesn't then you will want to put that in place as well.

Ken

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would recommend using both the Dr Gas X pipe and Random Technology cats, as they are the finest example of these products.

http://www.drgas.com/

http://www.randomtechnology.com/