Thread: ? Drop for 22's with 305/45/22....I think

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question ? Drop for 22's with 305/45/22....I think

Dont want to leave this section empty so heres the question. I have 22 inch rims with i think 305/45/22 tires. I want to get new tires but they are to much. I was just going to go for 2 285/35/22 like ayrton suggested for the front and keep the rear big but i want it to be level and i wont be able to rotate the tires so im just going to stick with what i need. I'm probaly going to go with a 1 inch drop (hotchkis) in the front because 2 inches may be too much and it'll rub and i'm not sure what to do with the back. I already have 2" belltech drop shackle but it didnt look like it made a big difference. I don't want just a drop but a good handling suspension.

After these tires are worn im going to buy the 285/35/22 but i will want to drop it more. Will i have to buy a new drop kit or can i just replace certain things? I just don't want to be stuck sitting on something for awhile. I have plenty enough in my garage already. Thanks.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As you know I have both the Hotchkis kit and 285/35/22 tires, and I both rub a full lock, and under full suspension travel. Part of the problem is I have a slightly wider front track due to the brakes kit, and I will be rolling the fenders to solve this.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I knew you'd be the first one to reply. When they were on my Navi and i had a belltech 2" drop it use to rub nasty in the front and in the back. i'm just going to put the 22's on first and see how much i could lower it. The Qa1's should handle it good. The rims are pretty heavy. I wish i could get rid of them to get other ones. Don't our harley fenders have that plastic fender trim. My navigator had the same thing and i had to use a razor to cut the lip off and it still rubbed the metal and the plastic inside. You'd almost have to cut the fender well so it wouldnt rub. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by HDsUpErCreWf150
    I knew you'd be the first one to reply
    Is that good or bad?;t

I would have never gone with a cast 22' wheel, as I am sensitive about adding more weight to a 5000 pound truck.

My body guy is talking about maybe having to increase the "flair" amount in the front, so it will interesting to see how it comes out.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ayrton
    Is that good or bad?;t
    Its not bad;w

Its just that when it comes this kind of stuff you're always the first around. In another word You're on the computer to much LOL, Just joking!!!

The flairs that are on the fender are plastic. My DSG flairs had to be cut because it use to rub in the back.

I'm not sure how your body guy is going to do it but it sounds like $$. But im pretty sure it will look good!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I work on my computer...

How were you rubbing in the rear?

My guy tells me that he wants to remove the plastic lip, and then stretch the metal, and reinstall the plastic.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow sounds like work. The actual fender was hitting the tire in the back so it was almost like razor slices but not to deep.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How wide is the wheel, because it sounds like you have the wrong offset?