Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone heard anything about the 1:18 '04 die casts?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i think the 00-03 HD's are 1/18th scale, i know the L diecasts though by bburago were only 1/21st scale, which may be for that reason since bburago typically makes more car models than trucks. dunno exactly though

anyway, i did email diecast muscle a few times. they got back to me. i was under the impression from the board that guys had already gotten their 04 diecasts so i was a little worried. but its all good now that i got it all straigthened out. die cast muscle's been great in the past, so hopefully they will come through again

anybody got word on a 05 diecast?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got a ship notice yesterday from UPS about the Harley diecasts coming my way by the 10th of May from MTR (diecast muscle). Ordered 1 of each color February of 04, but not sure if the all black is still going to be available. Shipping weight is 8.6 lbs so I assume there are probably 3 coming.
    Last edited by #2647-04HD4U2NV; 05-06-2005 at 01:11 PM.
    04 F250 Harley diesel (pleasure)
    04 Expedition 5.4 (daily)
    01 Taurus (wifes)
    00 Excursion Limited V-10 (sold)
    00 Expedition Sport 5.4 (sold)
    98 Expedition XLT 5.4 (sold)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    WOO HOO!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yee Haw boys, got my notice today, they "should" be here on the 16th.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    mine should have gotten delivered today!
    wont get them til friday though

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just unpacked 2 of the 3 I ordered. DSG/BLK and BLK arrived - no Orange/Black. Haven't taken them out of the package yet but after waiting for over a year and all the discussions about Ford approvals etc. I am surprised at what I see through the window of the box. A couple examples of my disappointment are, no orange in the tape stripe (it's all white), has a power stroke emblem but it is also all white and in placed in the wrong location on the truck door. Has chrome running boards off the crew cabs but is a super cab body. And not that it matters but the SD emblem is an F350. Mirror reflectors are red not amber, the truck bed reflects a plastic drop in liner rather than a rubber mat but it does have the Harley emblem on it. And they sit like a 2 wheel drive. What will it cost to put a lift kit on the model and what size tires are they anyway. I guess I can't expect much for $24.00 but everyone was bragging up Maisto, I would hate to see what the others would have been like.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    sounds like you had some pretty high expectations for the diecasts

is the interior at least the right color? (BLACK!!!!) the past 3 years have had gray interiors

i wonder how stupid companies can get sometimes and miss the MAIN details, like the entire interior color
    i can understand not matching every little detail like gray or silver inserts on the seats, mirror lenses, etc, but when they mess up 1/2 the truck, it gets a little pathetic

at least they are making all 3 colors for 04!

now....when are the 05's up for preorder

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The interior actually is as black as the trucks are. I had higher expectations based mostly upon the supposed review process that takes place etc. I would think that it only has to be done right once and then repeated and I thought of these as replicas, not as concept vehicles. I won't loose any sleep over the discrepancies but when you coordinate information all day everyday, you never understand why it has to be different than reality.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    WOO HOO!! got my diecasts today. got the black and black/dsg. i wonder when black/orange will be made?

the packaging is a lot cleaner looking than the american muscle HD diecasts of previous years. trucks also look more like 1:21st scale rather than 1:18th and rims look like 16's, but still, i'm just happy that they made the 04's, especially one of each color, and that i finally got 2 out of the 3 models i ordered 14 months ago!!!

now...when do the 05's go on preorder!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3