Thread: Q-forms? Anyone have them?

I'm broke
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Q-forms? Anyone have them?

Do any of you have Q-forms? I had some in my Surburban and I liked them, but I could not use my parking brake. Those of you that have them or know specifically about the Q-forms for our truck, can you still use you parking brake? The reason I am asking is that I still have all the equipment out of my 'burb and I still want to use it all. My front set of speakers is a 3-way, 6.5, 4, and tweet, Boston Acoustic Pro setup and I don't think I can get all three speakers in the door, behind the factory door panel, that is.

Thanks
    David
    NHTOC #64
    '02 Harley DSG #8053
    313hp, 14.39@95 (Bone Stock)
    Lighting Upper Pulley (2.93)
    JLP Ram Air Kit
    JLP Line Valve Mod
    4x4 Trans Pan
    Gatorback Supercharger Belt
    BellTech 2" Drop Shackles
    Autometer Boost Gauge
    Autometer Column Pod
    Hellwig Rear Sway Bar
    Hidden Hitch
    J-Jent Lower Grill

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have them & I really like them... they image well & are not as obtrusive to my feet like they were in my Mountaineer. Honestly I don't know about the park brake.

Of all the Q-forms I have used & installed over the years for myself & customers. I always said if it is a foot operated park brake it is now unuseable... I am leaving the house now... I will check & let you know.

Rob & laura Weeks, St. Louis MO

I'm broke
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please advise, I am thinking of buying some soon.

Thanks.

David

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    David, I can only get one "click" outof the arking brake before it contacts the Q-form.

If you need emergency/park brake engagement, you can tighten the cable adjustment t give you actuation on one click.

So at least there is some engagement.

besides in a true panic stop where the emergency brake is needed, you would sacrifice a kick-panel for your life & the truck. RIght?

Its not like the days of rear drums where the ark brake helped exted life of the drum shoes by keeping them "beded"... rear discs the park brake is a hill/towing/security/occasional use item. havent needed or used one for over15 years myself.

Rob & Laura Weeks, St. Louis MO

I'm broke
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks. My driveway has a bit of an incline and I like to use the brake so that my tranny doesn't have to hold the truck in place. Thats pretty much the only time I ever use the thing.

I will look and see if there is some way to mod the brake lever and get it out of the way of the kick panel.

Thanks.

David

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well the ideal would be to find a park brake lever that ratches like the full size GM trucks or the Grand Prix/Monte Carlos.

That way a short push then release to return to top, 2-3-4 times would lock the park brake but not interfere with the kick,

If you could remove the park brake pedal & bend the pedal arm out about 1-2" then straight out again like a "Z" then there would be more room.

I looked at mine & considered cutting, tweaking & rewelding on my Mountaineer.

Rob & Laura Weeks, St. Louis, MO