Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good luck or bad luck?...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bill, thank goodness for your good fortune. About a year ago here in Atlanta, a guy was driving home from work with his wife and 2 kids (6 month and 2 1/2 year old) in the rear seat of their SUV, and had a tree fall on the truck one block from their home during a nasty thunderstorm. It fell exactly on the rear seat, killed his wife and both kids instantly. He got out unscratched. Talk about messed up, I can't imagine... the local paper interviewed the dad a couple of months ago to see how he is doing, and as anyone would imagine, it's been tough.

Bottom line, thank goodness she's okay, and as someone mentioned above, don't take this for granted, take a day or two off, and kiss your wife a whole lot.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks guys. 62Lincoln, I definitely am counting my blessings for sure. Every time I look at where that tree fell I think what would have happened if she would have been in it. The officer said it would have killed her but my one son who was with her would have been okay since he sits in the back seat.

Very eye opening when my 10 year old son says to his mom "If you would have been in there you would have been gone and I wouldn't have a mom."

Sure makes everything else in life not so important for sure. In fact on my drive in to work this morning I just took it easy and shook my head at all the a$$holes driving like maniacs to get to their jobs working for the man.

For god's sake, you're going to work...what's your hurry?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Man Bill, I had to stop and say a quick prayer for you and your family. That was just too close brother! And obviously, very final.

I'm just glad that you and yours are O.K. It sure puts things into perspective. Five minutes ago, I was still pizzed at Ford for the head flaw in the 5.4 and now I'm thinkin about human life.

Just happy that your wife and child and all the other children are safe. Must of been a God thing.
    NHTOC #4

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, JCZ, it is definitely times like these when you have to put all of your other burdens and annoyances in perspective.

BLWN HOG
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bill,

I just saw this and it's a sigh of relief to know that no one got hurt. I hope everything works out ok for you and your loved ones.

Chester

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, Chester. The adjuster came today and officially called it a total so now just got to get the settlement from them and go shopping for a new ride.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    See that you got in the newspaper for that!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by BillP
    Thanks, Chester. The adjuster came today and officially called it a total so now just got to get the settlement from them and go shopping for a new ride.
    04 F250 HD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea, Airtroop, she made the paper and the top story on KRON 4 news on Wed.

People have been driving by and looking at her truck which is on the side of my house now. I told her to charge admission and she could eliminate the school budget dilemma we are having in Livermore, LOL.

Craig, probably not an 04.

I got the title on the Expy so I don't really want another payment right now so we'll do, dare I say it, the practical thing and buy somthing outright.

She's looking at 02-03 Explorers which is fine by me. That's what I wanted her to get when she bought the Expy.

I'm the one who washes and maintains it and that Expy was a big vehicle. I already spend too much time on my truck so if she had an 04 I'd never have any time.

Besides it wouldn't fit in the garage, LOL.

BTW, Craig, I heard you are in on the group buy.....great decision. We'll have to get together and help each other install.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if your looking for an explorer my wifes is for sale its an 03 nbx, shoot me an email if your interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2