Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    absolutely fantastic install - looks killer

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how does that alarm compare with others out there, like the clifford

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the viper 791 XV and Clifford matrix RS 3.5 are pretty much the same exact alarm. There's a few tiny differences, RobW can post them. Nothing really different though.
    The biggest difference is the color of remotes. viper is blue, clifford is cf pattern.

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks great Josh. As always I want too...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for 99.9999% of the world the Viper & clifford are identical the 791V & the Matrix RS3.5 differ only in the extra remote channel outputs on the Clifford.

Otherwise, security, remote start etc are identical.. the remote color Josh refered to is the biggest difference but tboth are interchangeable.

DEI (Viper/Clifford) is the reigning security company... do you want carbon fiber or electric blue remotes? LOL

Rob W.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the remote color Josh refered to is the biggest difference but tboth are interchangeable.
    they are interchangeable? So you could get a clifford CF remote for the Viper alarm?
    That'd be pretty cool to get the CF one, but since the extra remotes cost like 130 each , i dont think i need a CF one for myself too

differ only in the extra remote channel outputs on the Clifford
    just curiosity hitting. Could you explain what that means in dumb man terms? ;t

Thanks Rob

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    More pics for holeshot & whoever, of the LED 3rd brakelight w/ the LED's for the alarm installed.

LED's off....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    LED's on....still really bright in the day time..

O yeah, i'm not really that short as in the reflection of the back window ;t looks like i can barely see over the bed cover. I'm actually taller than the truck...6'2". anyhoo....was using the cover to lean on so the pic wouldn't be blurry

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Closer up.

He just removed the stock yellowish cargo lamp bulbs and like glued a piece of black plastic over the backside with an LED mounted in it.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    even closer up. . .

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm glad to see it done Josh. When I called up there to see if you had scheduled it yet, I was basically told "Yeah, and he added this, this, this, this....etc."

The pics show it off really nicely, our installer has done some LEDS in the 3rd brake light too, but not in blue...gotta admit those look awesome. Especially at night.

Glad you can rest easier now. Now get back to work.

;p

-Dave
    Politicians are like diapers.
    They need to be changed often, and for the same reason.

2003 Two-Tone #6258
    JLP Ram-Air CAI, Hotchkis TVS, FTVB, Sylvania Xenarcs...so far

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    LoL, thanks Dave, i really appreciate the hookup with tweeter! those guys really knew their stuff.

The blue LED's do look pretty cool at night. I wanted red but the flatpanels only come in blue so i went with all blue for the alarm. turned out really nice looking.

Made an appointment again, gotta go back in a couple weeks so he can adjust a few of the sensors so they are just right, and i still have a boat load of questions about stuff for the installer

well....back to work tomorrow....and sick as a dog stupid cold hit me outta no where just as we are getting nice spring type weather go figure. lol.

sunday i'm off though! 1st time i'll have a free day since 2003 gonna get the HD looking all nice and clean!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Put the cali cover on tonight. got it back from CCC last week. they cut out the tear and replaced it with new panels.
    anyway, you can see all the LED's through the cover, i was suprised. the front and side windows where the flat panels are, just show through as a soft blue glow, but its noticible enough. the rear LED's in the 3rd brakelight really show up. 2 blue round dots blinking on and off.

Still will have a flatpanel sewn into the cover over the drivers door. have the spare sitting in the cupholder and the plug for it is already ran under the truck. i just need to get ahold of CCC and try to get some extra cover material to sew the cord into the cover.

**** starter
    Name: Jon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    must be nice to be able to do the alarm all by the help of others - too bad this wont work for every one who needs an alarm. cant wait til your neighboors complain about all the bright flashing stuff.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    huh?

Most of the money from the NHTOC fund went towards all the repairs on the truck since all insurance covered after the deductable went towards most of the HU. still had to pay for the rest of the HU and shipping on that, dash kit and new wiring harness, switches, ventivisor, car cover repair, new window and window seal and installation, paint still has to be compounded & buffed to get the scratches out if i can get away with not having to repaint it. Thats where most of the money from the site went. a little that was left went towards the alarm, most of the rest is from working every day possible since the breakin though. today was my 1st day off since it happened. nice to sleep in again. lol. now to get the checking account above 20 bucks

cant wait til your neighboors complain about all the bright flashing stuff.
    Not like there's strobe lights and bright flashing lights spinning around on the truck. a few LED's in the windows. Doesn't light up anybody's houses or flash in peoples windows. you only see them when you look at the truck. the LED's dont put alot of light out, just look very bright when you look at them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast